Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Let My Kitchen Go

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Let My Kitchen Go

My kitchen looks like the fucking plagues of Egypt or something. There's just swarms of gnats all over the place. I don't know why. I had some bananas go rotten a week ago, which always causes gnats, but not like this. Everywhere you look you'll see three or four of them crawling or flying. I just stood in the kitchen for about five minutes killing them, and got ten in barely five minutes. I killed at least 30 gnats yesterday. Everyday there's more of them. Usually once you get rid of the offending fruit, the gnats are gone within a day or two, but not these. Everyday there's more and more of them. I picked my kitchen towel up off the cabinet the other night, and at least half a dozen gnats flew out from underneath it.

I've also killed five or six crickets in my apartment over the last week. I HATE crickets. At least these don't chirp at night for some reason, I haven't heard a one. Everywhere around here always has crickets really bad in the summer, At Carl's Jr. there'd always be crickets everywhere inside the place.

I hate crickets, and grasshoppers. I think mostly because of their scratchy, spiky back legs.