Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Insert Witty Title Here

Monday, June 27, 2005

Insert Witty Title Here

Except my titles are never witty.

The next time some asshole is bugging me, I want to tell them "You better hurry along now, or you'll be late for your Goat Blowers Anonymous meeting."

So I started my new job almost two weeks ago. I haven't really had time to write since then, or when I have had free time, I usually want to spend it doing something more entertaining than this. My new job is cool. It's hard work and long hours, but I like it much, much more than working at Carl's Jr. I could go into details over what the last two weeks have been like, but there's not much point. Basically I get up at 3:00am, get to work at about 4:45, clock in at 5:00, take an hour break around 11:00, then get off work at 2:00, and then sit in my dad's office waiting for him to get off work at 3:00, then I get home about 3:45. Once home I usually do various things on the computer until around 9:30, when I go to bed.

I've also been spending a lot of time looking at porn the last couple of weeks. Boy oh boy, do I love porn. Yeah. Welcome to my sad plane of existence.

That makes me sound depressed though, which I'm not. In fact, I've been great since I started this new job. I think maybe it may just be that deep down in my subconscious, I'm so glad to be away from Carl's finally that it's producing all these changes in my mental state. Basically, I've been in a great mood, and haven't been having any problems with social anxiety or embarrassment, or anything like that, since I started this job. This job is also helping me get into shape. I've gotten off my diet, and have been eating large amounts of junk food the last couple of weeks, but I get so much exercise at work that I've still lost about ten pounds since I started the job. The constant lifting of boxes and pulling of jacks laden with pallets of several hundred pounds of merchandise is also making my arms stronger. Though they were already pretty strong.

I bought the new Gorillaz album, Demon Days, last week, and listened to it about ten times in two days. I really like it. The only song I'd heard off of it before I bought it was "Feel Good INC.", which I really liked, but every track on the album is great. My favorites are "Last Living Souls," "Kids with Guns," "Dirty Harry," "Feel Good INC.," and "Fire Coming out of the Monkey's Head." That last one is really cool, even though it's not a song, really. Well, it's got like a chorus, but the rest is just a story, read by none other than King Koopa himself, Dennis Hopper. It's really great. I need to post the words to it sometime, but not right now.

Not only have I been looking at lots of porn, but I've also put ads on a couple of personals sites lately too. Haven't gotten any replies, but no surprise there. I don't expect to get any anyway, since I don't even have a picture on my ad. If I had one I might get a reply or two. Though they probably wouldn't be from people I'd want to have anything to do with. I've had people respond to a personal I had up a few years ago, and everyone who responded to it was someone I didn't want to talk to. This one site I put my ad on the other day found something like 225 women within 50 miles of me who had ads on that site, but probably 80% of them were over the age of 40. There were lots of mid-fourties to late-fifties. Then, out of the remaining 20%, people who were in the age range I wanted, most of them were either lesbians looking for another woman, or were part of a guy/girl couple, who were looking for another woman to join them for a threesome. And this wasn't even one of those dating sites the specialize in meeting people specifically for sex, though I thought about putting an ad up on one of those too.

Ok, well, it's about an hour until I have to go to bed, I'm gonna go do something now.