Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Star Wars

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Star Wars

So, yes, Episode Three premiers tonight at midnight. Almost all of my friends are going up there to wait in line and see it tonight. I'm not. In my opinion, no movie is worth standing in a long line for, and fighting crowds. I don't care if the line was only a ten minute wait, I still wouldn't do it. I'm not going to see it tomorrow, either, as I work tomorrow, and by the time I got off from work, all the school kids would be out for the day. But I am off Friday, so I'm going to go to an early showing then, while the kids are still in school.

But I am going to celebrate it by watching both Episode Two, and God help me, Episode One tonight. Although, I don't know if I should call it celebration, or torture. Forcing myself to watch Episode One is more like torture. Fucking Jar Jar Binks. I hate to even type that name, it makes me feel dirty.