Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Car Trouble

Monday, May 30, 2005

Car Trouble

So I still don't have a car. When I first took it to the shop, he thought the heads were cracked, and maybe a rod was bent. Turned out it was neither. My head gasket was bad, among other things. It still ended up costing me $1046.62. Only $400 of that was labor, the rest was parts. So then I picked it up, and it did fine on the drive home, but then a few minutes later I got in it again, and it was doing some new stuff. It was shaking and sputtering really bad. Shaking bad enough that if you had a drink, it would spill it. So I took it back the next day, and it was something simple, a vacuum hose wasn't connected. So he fixed that while I was at work, and after work I went to pick it up again. He was already gone for the day when I got there. I don't know if he didn't even start the thing after he got done, because when I started it, it was making this horrible metal on metal scraping noise, and it wouldn't stop doing it. So I just left it there, for him to work on when he gets back tomorrow. He's been closed the last few days for the holiday weekend. Everyone says this newest problem sounds like the starter. I hope whatever it is, it's cheap to fix, and that this is the last thing that goes wrong.

On the good side, I've got to drive my mom's car for the last week, which is even nicer than my car. It's what other people would call "pimpin'," but not me, I hate that word. I think it's a Cadillac. I don't know, I'm horrible with cars, I can barely remember what MY car is.

The reason I haven't written about this sooner is that Chris was just here on leave for a few days. He ended up staying here at my place a couple of days. We didn't do anything much on the few days he was here, basically just sat around and played video games and stuff, we didn't go anywhere or anything.

Yesterday I mowed my parents' lawn again, and today I cleaned out the old shed. They've got lots of jobs around the house I can do over the next few weeks, because they're remodeling half the house, so there's lots of old wallpaper and carpet and stuff that needs tore out, and walls that need painted, and stuff that needs moved. I get paid for doing all the stuff too, which is cool, because I need all the money I can get. I did even before the car problems.

Hmm, did I ever write about going to the doctor? I can't remember. Anyway, when I was so incredibly sick last week, I finally went to the doctor, and he said it was what we thought it was, allergies that had turned into a very bad sinus infection. He gave me a cortizone shot and two prescriptions; one antibiotic, and one decongestant.

Hmm, as usual, it seems like there was something else I wanted to write about over the last few days, but I don't remember what it was right now.