Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: ..........................

Sunday, May 22, 2005

..........................

I don't know how good this post will turn out, as I am so sick I can barely think right now, and my eyes burn so bad I can barely see the computer screen.

I can almost hear the money being sucked from my bank account. We thought maybe my car was fixed the other day, but it's not. I drove it to work yesterday, and everything was fine, but when I tried to drive home on break, the car wouldn't start. I checked and the radiator was almost dry again. So I had to have my mom pick me up from work yesterday, and then this morning before work me and my dad took my car to the shop. No, it still won't start, but luckily the shop we go to is just maybe 8 blocks away from work, and it's a slight downhill incline the whole way. The guy isn't open today though, nor is he open tomorrow, we don't think he's open tomorrow anyway, we have to call and check. So, who knows how much this is going to cost me. If it's what my dad is afraid it might be, I'll probably have to get a whole new engine. Even if it's not that, all the possible explanations people have come up with for what's wrong with my car are all things that will cost me at least a few hundred dollars.

Then tomorrow, I'm going to the doctor. That's more money to spend. I've been sick for the last several days, slowly getting worse and worse. Today I was so sick, they sent me home from work after only 3 and a half hours, and I've already called in sick for tomorrow, because I've just been getting worse and worse as the day goes by. I feel like I'm about to die. Until today, I had just thought it was really bad allergies, but the way I feel today, it almost feels like the flu or something. My parents are almost certain that it's allergies, combine with a sinus infection from the allergies. I think that's probably what it is too. My symptoms are coughing, sneezing, horrible amounts of congestion, sinus pressure, sinus headache, burning eyes, and I'm tired and weak. If I close my eyes while standing up, I lose my balance and almost fall over. I'm going to the doctor to see what he thinks it is, and if it is allergies, I'm going to request a cortizone shot for them. My dad said that years and years ago, he used to have allergies almost as bad and as often as I do, but that years ago he got a cortizone shot, and has hardly had any allergies since.

So, I have to pay for car repairs, doctor bills, and I'll have missed a day and a half of work, so my next check will be really small.