Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: A Brief History of Rhyme

Sunday, March 20, 2005

A Brief History of Rhyme

What the fuck? I just got a "your order has shipped" email from Amazon.com, for the CD I ordered. I had them ship it with standard shipping, which they always say on their site should take between 3 and 5 days. The order shipped out today, (don't ask me how, since this is Sunday, and they are shipping it via USPS), and it says my estimated date of arrival is April 1st! That's a lot more than 3 to 5 days.

I ordered the CD mentioned on this page: MC Hawking's Crib.

I'd never heard of this guy before, but he's been around for a while. He calls himself MC Hawking, after Stephen Hawking, the wheelchair-bound smartest man since Einstein. It's hardcore rap, done in a Stephen Hawking computer voice. Some of the songs are even about advanced scientific ideas. He has a new album out, a greatest hits album entitled, "MC Hawking, A Brief History of Rhyme," which is, of course, named after Hawking's most famous book, "A Brief History of Time." I've always been a huge fan of Stephen Hawking, so this CD is right up my alley. It features such tracks as: The Hawkman Cometh, Big Bizang, Entropy, Fuck the Creationists, All my Shootings be Drivebys, and E=MC Hawking. Stephen Hawking himself has said, "It's very funny. In an odd sort of way, I'm quite flattered."

Ok, enough advertising.

I went to a party at Daniel's house last night. Like usual, hardly anyone showed up. It was just me, Daniel, Olivia, Jarrod, and Murray. Alicia, Shawn, Phillip, Jackie, and maybe even Bill and Michelle were all supposed to be there, but for some reason or another, they didn't. Alicia and Phillip finally showed up, at almost 1:00 a.m. The party was supposed to start around 7:30. I got there about 7:45, and I was the first one there. Maybe half an hour later, Murray showed up. Then, probably about 9:00, Jarrod showed up. Murray left around 11:00 I think, and then I left about 12:15. It was pretty fun, it just would've been better if more people had been there.