Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Let's try this again.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Let's try this again.

I guess I will write a short version of the post I tried to write the other day. Now that I'm back online. My internet has been messed up all day, and I couldn't get on. I don't know what was wrong. I called the company, and they said they'd get someone down here in a day or two to look at the cables in the area, because I think the whole are was messed up. My parents could get online, but it was really really slow. At around 8:30 this evening, it still wasn't working, but now it suddenly is again.

Stupid fucking blogger. I spent at least an hour and a half writing that post the other day. It was huge. But I can boil most of it down to a paragraph or two, though I wish I didn't have to.

To put it simply, last Monday and Wednesday nights, I went to some strip clubs. I'd only been to one other strip club, and that was down in Texas, this was the first time I'd been to any of them around here, so I didn't know which ones were the best. Monday night, I went to one, it was okay, but not that great, so I left and went to a second one. It totally SUCKED, and I will never go there again. Then, Wednesday night, I went to a third one. This one fucking rocked, and I will definitely go back. If I had the money, I'd go every week. I was hoping to go back this Monday or Wednesday, but I'm too broke.

Ok, that right there was about two pages in the original post, because I gave detailed descriptions and reviews of each place, and why they were good or bad. Oh, also, I got my first lap dance at the one I went to Wednesday night. It was great.

And the other thing I talked about in my post was how I was going to sell my old saxophone I haven't played in like 8 years or so, and that if I got enough money, I was going to get an electric guitar. I've always wanted a guitar. I used to want an acoustic one, but now I want an electric one. I was wanting to get one, even though I new it would be a waste of money, as it would probably just be another instrument I'd never learn to play and would sit around collecting dust. Just like all the other instruments I own.

That was the extent of the old post, but now I have new news, such as the results of my attempt to sell the saxophone. I was originally thinking that my parents paid around $2000 dollars for it when they bought it new, and so I was hoping to get at least three or four hundred four it. At least. However, I talked to my mom, and she said she thinks they only paid around $900 for it, maybe $1000. I was still hoping to get $300 for it, though. So I went to sell it Monday, and ended up spending my entire day in Norman, just trying to do that one thing. I got there around 1:00, and they said the guy that buys the instruments back was on lunch break, and would be back around 2:00. So I looked around at their guitar selection for a few minutes. All they had was expensive high end stuff, 99% of it was Fender guitars, and they all cost at least $400. Shawn and Phillip, who both play the guitar, told me that most places have these starter kit things, that come with a guitar and amp for around $120, and that's what I was hoping to get. They had one kit like that there, at the place I was trying to sell the sax at, Norman Music Center, but I couldn't find a price on it. Then I left and went to the comic store to kill some time while I waited. So then I go back around 2:00, and the guy is back, and he tells me they will give me $200 for it. I was hoping to get at least $300, so I told him I wanted to look around at some other places, and I might be back later. So I went to the other major music store in Norman, the only other one I know of, though I'm sure there are many more, Brook Mays Music. I went there, and it turns out that they don't even buy used instruments. The guy that worked there was very rude too. He had an English accent and was very snotty.

So I decided that I would be stuck with the $200, and might as well take it. I looked at Brook Mays Music's guitars while I was there, as they had a better selection, and had some cheap ones. Then I went back to Norman Music Center to sell it for the $200, and the guy was gone again. This time he had gone to pick some stuff up in a whole other town, and would be gone for at least an hour and a half. So I left again. First I just sat out in my car reading the comic book I bought when I went to the comic shop, then I just drove around for a while listening to the radio and stuff. So then, an hour and a half later, I went back, and the guy was back, and I sold the sax. I found out that that one kit was only $129, and contained a guitar, an amp, the cables, a gig bag, and some picks. I got that, and they also sold me an electronic tuner, and I bought a how-to-play book, and a really nice how-to-play computer program. In all, and with tax, it ended up being $206. So, instead of getting a guitar, and having some money left over, like I'd originally been hoping, when I was hoping for $300, I ended up actually spending $6 more than I made.

I can't even start learning to play the thing yet, because I can't even tune it. The tuner is insanely complicated sounding, but actually I think I figured out how to use it. It took me a while, but I think I finally got it tuned right tonight.

Chris and Candice are coming up to Oklahoma to get married either the 2nd or 3rd, they don't even know yet. I didn't even know it, the last I'd heard it was going to be a few more months I thought, and it was supposed to be a big wedding, but now they are just going to have a little court house thing, like his first wedding. (I hate saying that, makes me feel like I'm being rude or something.) I'm the best man again, so I need to go out sometime in the next few days and buy something nice to wear. Actually, I need to check my closet first. I have some nice clothes, like I wore last time, but I don't think any of them will fit me anymore. I have pants and shoes to wear, but I need to try on my shirts, and get a new one if I need it. I only have until next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Today I went and applied at a job I saw in the paper. I really hope I get it, but I really doubt I will. I'm probably just not what they're looking for, I'm probably too young. It's a job for a Resident Manager at some apartment complex way up in Oklahoma City. The pay is only a little more than I'm making now, but it's also free rent and utilities. So I'd be making about the same as I am now, but with no bills. It's $1000 a month, before taxes. Right now I'm make I think around $960 to $980 a month before taxes, but I also have to pay rent and electricity. The ad said no experience necessary, and that they'd train, but I don't know what my chances are. Especially since when I was up there, there were lots of other people applying. Most of them older guys in suits who are much more qualified than I am.

Ok, that's it for now again. And yes, I remembered to copy this text before I try to post it this time. That's something I won't forget again for some time.

This post ended up being pretty large too, but it's still not quite as large as the one I lost.