Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Heysoos and the Kingdom of Loathing.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Heysoos and the Kingdom of Loathing.

You know those chicken-flavored crackers, called Chicken-in-a-Biscuit? Well, my new name for communion wafers is "Jesus-in-a-Biscuit."

Yeah, so once again I haven't been posting. This is because I am totally obsessed with this online game, called Kingdom of Loathing. Seriously, this is the best game EVER. It's an online RPG game, but it's more like an online RPG that's drank too much, and maybe taken some acid. It's very funny, and full of pop-culture and music references, some of them can be somewhat obscure, but that makes it even funnier if you're one of the ones who actually gets it. I've been spending all my free time playing this game. I'm completely obsessed, I even get on the computer for a couple of minutes when I come home on break, to see if I've gotten any in game messages from the other players, or to see if anything I'm selling at the market has sold. And when I'm not playing, I spend all my time in the chat rooms, or reading other websites about the game, fansites and stuff. The game has quite a large following, I heard last night there's about 400,000 registered users. They even have their own online radio station, which rocks. The music doesn't have anything to do with the game, but all the DJs are players of the game. The game is very easy to play, and there's nothing to download, you just play it right there in your internet broswer, and it's all completely free, though if you donate some money to the site, you get special item that gives you some stat bonuses. The game is easy to play, but it can be a pretty complex, in depth game, because there's hundreds of items you can collect, and they can be combined into other items, and you can even make drinks and foods out of other drink or food components. And some of the puzzles can be difficult, because they are so weird, or based on some kind of obscure reference, but you can get help in the chat rooms, and the people in them are usually very nice. Sometimes people will just send you items for no reason.

Ok, that's all I have to say about the game right now, but I'm sure I'll have some more to say about it in another post soon.