Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Anger, lots of anger...

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Anger, lots of anger...

What's with people today, they're all either angry, or making me angry.

I was over at my parents' house, because I will have to shower over there a day or two, because my shower is being worked on. Right now there's a place where all those tiles were falling off, and they've been removed now, and so it's bare wall. The guy is supposed to be here between 1:00 and 2:00 to work on it. But even after he gets it fixed, I will have to shower elsewhere for at least 24 hours while the grout dries.

So I was over there, but I had to leave quickly, because I was getting tired of hearing my dad stomp around the house muttering how he'd "like to take a gun and shoot every dog on Earth. And then their owners. Sorry sons of bitches." All because some dog crapped in our yard and he stepped in it.

Then I was driving home, and got stuck behind some old man that was doing between 20 and 25 in a 45 zone. And no one could get around him, because he was drifting all over the place. Old people should be required to take a yearly driving test after the age of 65 or so, because there's a lot of them on the road that shouldn't be driving. If they can't pass the test, take away their license. I wouldn't mind if it was me. Sure, it's an inconvenience, but better I should have to ride with someone else than going out and causing wrecks or accidentally hitting the gas instead of the brake and going through some store window, like you hear about almost every day on the news anymore.

I hope the guy actually fixes the shower right, instead of doing some half-assed job and making it worse, like I'm sure he will do. I'll just be happy if he doesn't break other things while he's over here, like he always does. He always ends up breaking more than he fixes, and always make a huge mess and just leaves it. I came home from work the other day, and he'd been in my apartment while I was gone, to look at the damage in the shower, and he'd taken the towels that were hanging on the shower and just thrown them in the floor and left them there, and he also tracked mud onto my carpet.

I hate having people in my apartment when I'm not here. Especially him. It's not a race thing or anything, I just don't trust him. I don't trust anyone, but I really don't trust him, another person who lives here, the little retarded woman that also works with me at Carl's Jr., has a restraining order against him. I'm not sure what for, but neither him or his wife can come anywhere near her, or her apartment, or Carl's Jr. I don't know what she's supposed to do if she ever needs anything fixed.

Yeah, so I guess that's about it for now. I think I'll go play some Final Fantasy VII. I started a new game on it the other day. Everyone else at work has been playing it and talking about it, because the movie is supposed to be coming out soon, and I decided to play it again too, because I never beat it, and it was a very cool game anyway, one of the best FF games. I say "one of the best," not "THE best," like everyone else at work. They all say FFVII was the best game ever made, or at least the best RPG ever made, and if you dare contradict them, they get angry. What's funny is none of them are in much of a position to judge FF games. Only maybe one of them, if any, have played any of the FF games before 7, all they've played is 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2. Me and Chris both have played pretty much every FF game ever made, except some of the stupid old Game Boy ones. And I have yet to play Crystal Chronicles. But between us we've played basically every one ever, and we both agree the ranking goes like this: The best FF game ever was FF2, or what was known in America as FF2, I think it was 4 or 5 in Japan. And then FF2 is followed by FF9, and then FF7. And that's just the list of best FF games, there are other RPGs, like Chrono Trigger that would maybe eclipse FF7 if they were included in the list.