Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: X-Box Live

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

X-Box Live

I finally got connected to X-Box Live. Right before I went to bed last night, I looked at that subscription code and realized that that wasn't a 6, it was a G. It's really hard to tell. So I got connected this evening, and I've been playing Halo 2 for the last couple of hours.

My X-Box Live ID is BygoneDust, if anyone wants to find me on there. You'll know it's me, because I'll be the one that sucks. Everyone says this will improve my skills though, and so far I think it is. I've been playing in a party with Chris, and he's ranked 6, so it's been putting me in games with people who's ranks are way above mine. Which also caused me to go up really fast at first. You start off at level 1, or maybe 0, I'm not sure, but after just a couple of games, I was already up to a 3. I seem to be holding steady at a three now though. Chris just had to get off Live, so I will be playing some games of my own now, so it should match me up with people closer to my level, so maybe I'll do a little better. I'm lagging really bad sometimes. I don't think my so called high-speed internet is as fast as it should be. It's only downloading files somewhere between two and three times the speed that my dial-up connection was. I've gotten killed by the lag a couple of times. One time I was in a gun emplacement, and I was firing at a Ghost, and I was lagging, and so the Ghost was jumping around the screen so much, I couldn't even hit it, and it took me out.

In one of the games, I killed some guy named "Moe Lester" several times. That name cracks me up. I told Chris about it and he was laughing and saying "That name's just wrong."

I'm off tomorrow, so I'll probably be on Live most of the day. Unless I stay up too late playing it tonight. I think I'll just play a couple more games, and then stop.