Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Holy crap...

Friday, November 12, 2004

Holy crap...

Holy crap, the early dark usually doesn't mess me up, but tonight it sure did. I've only been home from work since 3:30pm, but it seems like it's been forever. I just got done watching a DVD, and when it ended, I thought, "Guess I'll play Halo 2 now. Wait, what time is it, it's probably almost 10:00 isn't it?" Then I looked at the clock, and it was 6:45. The main thing that threw me was that I went outside when it was dark, something I've barely done in months. I used to be a night person, I'd only leave the house by choice at night, but now since I started working mornings, I've barely left the house after dark in months. Anyway, I left about 5:30 to go get some burgers for dinner, and it was already dark, and it made it feel like it was really late. I'm ready for bed, but it's only 7:10.

So, yeah, Halo 2. It's great. Maybe not as good as my expectations, but there's no way it could live up to people's expectations after they've been building up for over a year, with all these wild rumors and everything on the internet and in magazines. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's almost a disappointment after what I had in my imagination. Really, it's a great game. I'm not very far in it though, I'll admit, I suck at Halo, especially multiplayer. I'm only maybe halfway through, I'm not sure. I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but I have roamed alone through the multiplayer stages, and they look great. They're all huge. Well, most of them anyway, there's a few smaller ones. I really want to play it, but I haven't gotten to yet. I don't really want to tell you much about the game, because there are a lot of surprises and twists in the plot, most of which I haven't even gotten to yet. There's a lot of humor too, wisecracks made by the Marines and stuff like that. In fact, one of the Marines it even voiced by the comedian David Cross. One of my favorite jokes so far in the game is this one part where there's this beautiful, sweeping landscape, and one of the Marines says, "Wow, look at that, it's like a postcard. 'Dear Sarge, Kicking ass across the universe, wish you were here,'" and Sergeant Johnson gets on the radio and says "I heard that."

I had other things I wanted to say, but I can't really remember them now. I'm tired now. I'm sure I'll remember it later.