Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Fun Time!

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Fun Time!

Last night was the most fun I've had in ages.

As I said I was going to the other day, last night I went out with my friends. Me, Alicia, Chris, Chris' fiancee Candice, and her friend Lindy (I guess that's how it's spelled, I've never heard that name before) all went to Huxtlers in Norman to play pool. Dave couldn't make it, as his little girl was sick and had to go to the hospital for some reason.

I got off work, a little early too, and went home and called Chris, but he and Candice were at her parent's house, and would be there until it was time to go play pool, which would be around 8:00 or so, so I had a few hours to kill. So I got online, and me and Alicia talked for a while, and then I had to get offline to finish getting ready, and so Chris could call me when he and Candice got back. It was still only about 7:00, but I decided to play it safe, in case they got back early. Then a few minutes later, Alicia showed up, and we watched Goldmember until Chris finally called sometime around 8:30. But he informed me of a small problem. His brother wanted to go with us. As long as I've known Chris, his brother's been in and out of jail, usually for drugs. He's got another warrant out for his arrest right now, so he's been hiding out, but he wanted to go play pool with us. Chris had a plan though, and came up with a story for me and Alicia to go along with. The story was this: That day had been the big OU/OSU football game, and Huxtlers, and in fact most of Norman, would probably be full of people partying, so there would likely be a lot of cops out, especially at a bar/pool hall like Huxtlers. So Chris told his brother that Alicia had already been up to Huxtlers just a while ago, and there had been cops there at the door, to make sure no one got out of hand. The plan worked, and Chris' brother stayed behind.

We had decided to take separate cars. Me and Alicia would go in my car, and Chris and Candice would be in their Jeep, so when he called, Alicia and I drove over to Chris' parent's house to meet up with them. Then we drove to Norman. I had to follow them closely, because first we had to pick up Lindy, who lived in Norman not too far from Huxtlers. The car drive to Norman and Huxtlers was fun. Alicia kept messing with my radio, and for some reason she did it with her feet. She kept putting her feet up on the dash, and she kept pressing the radio buttons and turning the dials, all with her foot. Then she wrote "bitch" on my window with her toe. Then a medley of songs from Grease came on the radio, and she really got into it. She knew all the words and sang and danced in her seat. It was great. I was kinda dissappointed when we got to Huxtlers, because I don't really like playing pool, and the car ride was so fun.

I actually had fun playing pool even. For one, it wasn't as one-sided as usual, because Chris, who is usually very good, hadn't gotten to play in quite some time. I haven't played in a year or two either, though. But basically, we all sucked last night. When we first got there, Candice and Lindy sat at the bar for a while, so the first five games were me and Alicia on a team, against Chris. In the end, it was 3 games to 2. Chris had the three. But about the only reason me and Alicia got those two were because he'd lose by scratching on the 8-Ball or something. Then Candice and Lindy came over and we did two teams, Me and Alicia against Candice and Lindy, with Chris playing whichever team won. Me and Alicia won, but Chris beat us. Then me and Alicia sat out a game or two. Then I played one last game against Chris. Those last two games I started doing really well. I played the best I'd ever played before, even Chris agreed. It still wasn't that great, but it was really good for me. Then me and Alicia left. Chris, Candice and Lindy stayed behind, because Candice and Lindy wanted to have some more drinks. So me and Alicia drove back to Purcell, and she went home. Alicia was about to pass out by this time, and I was pretty tired as well. I went in and got online for a few minutes, just to check my email and stuff, and Alicia was online as well, and we talked for a few more minutes. Then I went to sleep.

It was a great night.