Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Titles? TITLES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING TITLES!

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Titles? TITLES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING TITLES!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (Wow, I feel like Pedro from Excel Saga now.) My tears, they are flowing like waterfalls, for I had written a huge post, and then my goddamn blogger fucked up and I lost it, so now I have to try to write it over again! Ok, so here we go...

Current Mood: Happy, and full of Chinese food, which is redundant, because if I'm full of Chinese food, I'm happy.
Current Music: Singing along with "Disappear," by R.E.M
.

I forgot, I was going to write a special post the other day, because it was my 1,000th post, and I had a special post all planned out, but I forgot. One of those latest news links I posted ended up being my 1,000th post. I think it was the one about the man throwing the baby out of the car, though it may have been the one about the half-ton man, which would've been appropriate, a story about a 1,000 pound man for my 1,000th post! Also, if I'd been a little quicker, I could've posted my 1,000th post on the second birthday of my blog. My blog turned two years old on September 11th! Actually, it's more like Sept. 10th, but by the time I got done typing my first post, and got it posted, it had passed midnight and became the 11th. My first post ever is dated September 11th, 2002, 12:45:49 A.M.

I'm hyper, because of the combination of Chinese food and Bawls (a.k.a., the greatest drink in the world). Also because of the fact that iTunes just started playing one of my favorite songs of all time, Video Killed the Radio Star, by The Buggles. Which, for all you trivia buffs, was the first video ever played on MTV. Back when MTV actually played videos.

Video Killed the Radio Star
The Buggles

I heard you on the wireless back in Fifty Two
Lying awake intent at tuning in on you.
If I was young it didn't stop you coming through.
Oh-a oh

They took the credit for your second symphony.
Rewritten by machine and new technology,
and now I understand the problems you can see.
Oh-a oh

I met your children
Oh-a oh

What did you tell them?
Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.

Pictures came and broke your heart.
Oh-a-a-a oh

And now we meet in an abandoned studio.
We hear the playback and it seems so long ago.
And you remember the jingles used to go.
Oh-a oh

You were the first one.
Oh-a oh

You were the last one.

Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind we've gone to far
Oh-a-aho oh,
Oh-a-aho oh

Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind we've gone to far.
Pictures came and broke your heart, look I'll play my VCR.

You are a radio star.
You are a radio star.
Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.

Video killed the radio star. (You are a radio star.)

Loves, the convenience store that sits behind the Carl's Jr. that I work at, got robbed today. What's funny, is that the guy that robbed the place at breakfast at Carl's before he went over there and robbed them. I didn't see him, I wish I had. Everyone else saw him, including my dad, who was also there eating breakfast, and sat just a couple of tables down from the guy. Everyone remembered him too, because he was dirty and scruffy and quiet. As my dad said, "he just didn't look right." He ate breakfast at Carl's, then went and talked on the payphone in front of Loves for a while. We know this because Curtis and Ricky were over there on their breaks just moments before he robbed the place. He was talking to someone asking what the quickest way to get out of Purcell without using I-35 was. Then he went inside and robbed the place. One woman that works there was taking the trash out, another was in the back of the store, and one was working the counter. He put a gun to her head, and demanded all the money. I don't know if they had an alarm she hit or what, but as soon as he walked out of the place, the cops were there, and they arrested him. This proves what a small boring town this is, but this is the first time I've ever known of a convenience store being robbed in this town, though I'm sure it's happened several times.

Ok, that's where I was at when I lost the post, and I don't feel like writing anymore now.