Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Computer Problems

Friday, September 10, 2004

Computer Problems

Yes, I realize it's been a long time since I wrote a real post, all I've been doing is posting links, but I just haven't felt like posting. I still don't really, but there's a couple of things I want to mention.

I thought I was doing pretty good on money this month, until today some unexpected expenses popped up. This morning, I spilt some cereal on my desk, and some of the milk went onto the keyboard. It still worked right after it happened, and I thought everything would be fine. I turned the keyboard upside down, and knocked as much of the milk out of it as I could. But then when I got home from work, the entire keyboard was broken. I wouldn't have been surprised if maybe the keys it got on and dried on inside had been broken, but I didn't expect the whole keyboard to stop working. So I just had to drive about 60 miles to CompUSA, since it is the nearest place I can get Mac stuff at, and bought a new keyboard. The keyboard was $49.99 before tax, and it also cost me almost $10 worth of gas, so it looks like I'm going to have to watch my money closely again this month. I just got done living a month on $70, and was hoping to not have to do that again this month, but it looks like this month will be even leaner.

I get home, get the new keyboard on the computer, and get online, to find this:
Sagittarius
Don't expect much luck with computers today, dear Sagittarius, particularly when it comes to writing or otherwise communicating with others. Malfunctions with regard to technological marvels could plague you throughout the day. In fact, if you want to get a message to a friend, the best way might just be to visit them! Creative efforts could be hindered in the same way. Today is a great day to retreat to the old days of pen and paper! Hang in there!
So, I have to say this is probably the most accurate horoscope I've ever received.

God dammit, I know there were several other things I was going to talk about. Some of them I'd been meaning to write about for a week.

Yesterday at work sucked. I had to stay almost half an hour after my already 9 hour shift ended because none of the night crew people had shown up yet. Of course the extra work will help with my paycheck, especially since Allen said today he's going to cut everyone's hours again probably. I have GOT to get a new job, or a second one. Anyway, there were four people that were supposed to come in for the night shift, all were supposed to be there at 4:00. One of them came in to get her check around 2:00 and said that her parents were making her quit because she was failing algebra. Stupid bitch. That left three people coming in at four. Four o'clock came, and no one was there yet. Finally, about five or ten minutes after, Katie showed up. But she had forgotten her uniform. How you forget your uniform I don't know. Stupid bitch. So she called her brother to bring her her uniform, and Curtis told her to clock in and work in what she was wearing until her uniform arrived. Time passed and no one else had showed up, so around 4:15 Curtis called Nathan to see where the hell he was. Nathan had forgotten that he didn't have a vehicle that day, and needed a ride, so he had to get a ride at the last minute. Stupid bastard. I heard today it was about 5:00 before he finally showed up. Curtis finally let me go around 4:20. So I heard today that Nathan finally showed up around five, but that was it, the third person never showed up at all. No call, no show. So he got fired. So when I got to work today they'd hired like three new people overnight. We've been having this problem a lot lately. Half our crew changes every week or two. No one we are hiring is lasting for more than a week or two. We've been having a big drug problem too. Several of the firings and quittings have had something to do with drugs. One guy went on break, and smoked so much crack, he forgot to come back. He finally showed up around 11:00 that night. But he was already fired.

I burned the greatest CD the other day. Most of it is Punk music. Newer punk music. I don't like most punk music from the 90's and later, I like the punk from the 70's and 80's. Dead Kennedys, and the Ramones, bands like that. But I have a few newer punk rock songs I like on my computer, and I put several of them on this CD. There's also a couple other types of music on it. Here's the playlist:

1. Let's Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas
2. Hey Ya - Outkast
3. Snot Rocket - Heft
4. God Thinks - Voltaire
5. Only Lovers Left Alive - The (International) Noise Conspiracy
6. 19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) - Gorillaz
7. What's Left of the Flag - Flogging Molly (A fucking great song, I love it.)
8. True Believers - The Bouncing Souls
9. People are Stupid - 30 Foot Fall
10. Lost for Words - Pink Floyd
11. The Beautiful Doctor - El Mixo (This is something I downloaded once, it's the music from Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People," combined with the theme music from the old "Dr. Who" TV series. It sounds really cool, they sound like they were made to go together.)
12. They Say it's Video Game Music - St. N6ko (Some weird electronic music I downloaded from some guy's site.)
13. Lost for Words - Pink Floyd (So great, I had to put it twice. Not really, it was an accident.)
14. Layla (Unplugged Version) - Eric Clapton
15. Zombie - The Cranberries (Another one of my favorite songs.)
The next three tracks I just put because I still had a lot of space left on the disk that I didn't want to waste, so I put all the MP3s I had that had to do with Halo or Red vs. Blue.
16. A Girl Named Tex - Trocadero
17. Blood Gulch Blues - By Trocadero and the Red vs. Blue crew
18. Halo 2 Trailer - Martin O'Donnell (This is the Orchestral music from the official Halo 2 Trailer, also the main theme music to Halo 2, I suspect.)

Ok, that's enough for tonight.