Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Post 950

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Post 950

Wow, it's hard to believe I've made that many posts. It's also hard to believe this blog is almost three years old. That's pretty old for a simple little personal blog like this. Some of them don't last more than a week. [edit: No, duh, what was I thinking? It's only been almost two years. Not three. That's still quite some time for a blog though.] What disappoints me though, is that most blogs that last more than a year are usually really popular, and their owners are net-celebrities. I'm still unknown. I have three fans that I know of, maybe four. I get on average 200 hits a week, while not being close to some of these more famous blogs, is still really good. I remember back when I thought 20 hits a week was amazing. But at least 95% of these hits are from random web-searches, because, when you've made almost 1000 posts, you've used pretty much every word that people will search for, so the search engines will point to your site for pretty much anything.

Where are my adoring fans? Where's my book deal? More importantly, where the hell are my pants?

I am so fucking bored. I've been bored the last two nights. Both days have started off with me being in a fantastic mood, but then by evening I'm so bored I feel like my head's going to explode, or at least I might fall asleep face down on my keyboard. I should go watch a movie or something, but I can't think of anything I want to watch. I've spent all of the last two evenings, just sitting here at the computer for hours hoping that Melissa will get online, so I can talk to her. She hasn't been on yet tonight, it was late last night before she got on. Neither of my other two friends are online either. Alicia wont be online tonight, she's out having the time of her life at the Evanesence concert in Oklahoma City. She's so excited about it she's been about to cream herself all day. (My, that was exceptionally vulgar. It also sounded like something she herself would say.)

I have three friends. That's sad. I have two IM programs with buddy lists. First I have AIM, the only person on the buddy list is Alicia. Then I have Yahoo Messenger, that buddy list has three names on it, Chris, Melissa, and Alicia's Yahoo screenname. So I have four names in all on my buddy lists, two of them the same person. How sad is that. I've known people with almost 100 people on their buddy lists before.

Well, this is boring me now too. I think I'll go pound my head against the wall for a couple of hours.