Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: NO! I DON'T WANT TO THINK UP A TITLE!

Thursday, August 12, 2004

NO! I DON'T WANT TO THINK UP A TITLE!

Alicia came over the other night to watch a movie. We got really drunk. I had a great time.

My mom went back for a follow up doctor visit a couple of days ago, and they said they finally figured out what caused the kidney problems. It was her diabetes medication, she's allergic to it or something. About three months ago she was diagnosed as being borderline diabetic. She's not on insulin, but they put her on a couple of other medications, and that's what caused the problems. The doctors said they'd never seen anything like it though. They said it has caused a few problems with people before, but usually only in people who'd been on it for years, she'd barely been on it three months. They also told us something they hadn't told us before. When they first brought her in, they thought for sure her kidneys were DEAD. They thought she was going to have to get put in the hospital for a long wait for a transplant. If she survived, that is. My dad said he knew there had to have been more than they were telling us, by the way they acted when they brought her in. None of the doctors or nurses would look her in the eye that first night. They all thought she was going to die.

Wow, it stormed suddenly earlier. When I came home from work at four it was just starting to get cloudy, then suddenly about 4:30 I heard it start storming. I looked out the window, and it was bad. Raining really hard, and the wind looked like it was going to blow the small trees down. Then, 15 minutes later, it had stopped, wind and all, and was just barely drizzling. Now it's still cloudy, but I don't think it's rained since then.

I'm so bored the last few days. I'm off tomorrow, that means I can stay home and be bored all day! I've still got half a bottle of vodka left, maybe I should finish it off? But I'd rather wait for Alicia to come over and help me finish it off.

Like usual, I know there was more stuff I'd been planning on writing about all day, but I've suddenly forgotten. Maybe I'll remember later.