Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Late News...

Friday, August 27, 2004

Late News...

My mom came home from the hospital a couple of days ago. They didn't release her, we just took her out because we couldn't afford it without insurance. They weren't really doing anything there that couldn't be done at home. They just had her laying there taking antibiotics mainly. They also suddenly said that she had e.coli too. But I just think they mainly don't know what they're talking about. The hospital up here is very infamous. When she came home, my mom said to never let anyone put me in there, because it was like a torture chamber. We went up there to see her the other day, and I couldn't beleive the state the place was in. My mom said it didn't look like hardly anything had been changed since she worked there as a nurse almost 30 years ago. Some of the furniture was still the same. The chairs in the room were these little wooden things, they looked like old chairs from a school. They were just bare wood, with big bolts in them. Paint was peeling off the walls, especially in the room my mom was in. One of the walls in that room hardly had any paint left on it. The whole room was dark and dingy too, most of the light coming from one small window, which was dirty. There were cobwebs on the walls too. I am not making any of this up. Lights in the hall were flickering, and the whole place was empty. The entire walk from the front entrance to my mom's room, we didn't see a single person, or any sign of life whatsoever, the place looked abandoned. We didn't see one nurse, doctor or patient. Finally, a nurse came in and brought my mom lunch. She told us that she was one of the few nurses there that day, most of the others were at home because they weren't needed. They said that other than my mom, they'd barely had any patients that week. It was a horrible excuse for a hospital. I'd always heard bad things about it, but this is the first time I'd ever seen it. The hospital half of it anyway. The other half of the hospital, the part where all the doctor's offices are, is newer than the rest, and looks really nice, but the hospital part sucks.