Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: I Need Money!

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I Need Money!

Stupid money. As if I wasn't having a hard enough time getting by, now I had to buy a new tire today, after getting a flat yesterday. About five days before my mom went to the hospital, I started walking around the lake everyday again for exercise. When my mom went to the hospital I had to stop though, but I've been doing it every day since she got out of the hospital. Every day but a couple when it was raining. A couple of days I've went around it twice.

So anyway, I must have run over something at the lake yesterday when I parked or something. I didn't notice the flat at first, it must have just started going down when I left. I just noticed that when I turned corners the car kinda vibrated, but then after going about a mile or so, getting almost home, it started flapping. I was in my walking clothes, and barely had any money on me, so instead of pulling into a shop, I just had to go home to change the tire myself. Unfortunately, this meant driving almost another mile on it, and by the time I got home, it was shredded. So this meant that instead of just having it plugged, I would have to get a new tire. I just got back from buying it a little while ago. It wasn't too bad, it cost $25 for mounting and balancing and all. But still, I need every cent I can get. I figured it up the other day when I was paying my bills, my average bills per month are coming to about $655, but now since everyone's hours got cut at work I'm only making between $700 and $750 a month. I was making about $820 a month, there for a while. That's $655 for just monthly bills, like rent, and electricity and phone and internet. That's not counting groceries and gas for my car. So, needless to say, I have GOT to find a new job. Or at least take a second small job until I can find a better job. Though I won't do that unless I absolutely have too. I've been meaning to go to one of those job websites, like oklahomacityhelpwanted.com, that they always advertise on the radio here, but I keep putting it off. I need to use the internet, because the newspapers are worthless. Most of the ads anymore don't even say what the job is, or where it is or anything. And most of them are stupid scams or something. Half the ads in the paper say stuff like "$2000 A MONTH! Call Ashley at..." and give a phone number. Of there's one that's been in the paper literally for years, I have no idea what it is it says "Looking for 10 crazy managers to replace 10 lazy managers," and gives a phone number. And it's just too hard looking through the want ads, I never can concentrate on them, and most of the real ones are all for truck drivers and RNs and LPNs, and other types of nurses and stuff, lots of them for nursing homes. So hopefully the internet sites will be better. It should be easier to just find the kinds of jobs I want to look at. If I had a lawn mower and a weedeater and stuff, I'd mow lawns for a while for a second job, I used to mow lawns for several years starting when I was 13. It's pretty good money, usually around $20 a lawn, and it only takes maybe two hours at the most for most of the lawns, sometimes only about an hour, though for one's that small, you usually only get about $15. But, I don't have a lawn mower or anything. One reason I'm so desperate for a really good paying job right now, even if I didn't really NEED the money right now, is because if I can ever afford it, I'm finally going to start taking a karate class. I had been always going to wait until I lost some more weight, but I don't think that will ever happen, so I'm going to take it anyway, if I can ever afford it.

It seems like there was something else I'd been wanting to write about for a few days now, but I don't remember what it was right now. It almost always seems that way though.

Oh yeah, and since I need money so much, let me just take this time to remind you about my links over there for donations, or, if you don't want to just give me money, you could always buy something from my Cafepress store.


"Softness triumphs over hardness, feebleness over strength. What is more malleable is always superior over that which is immovable. This is the principle of controlling things by going along with them, of mastery through adaptation." -- Lao-Tzu