Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Hospital Time Again

Friday, August 20, 2004

Hospital Time Again

Well, my mom's back in the hospital. They think it's just a virus of some kind this time, probably something she picked up the last time she was in the hospital, though it's taken an awful long time to show up if that's the case, she's been out for weeks now. Once again, she was sick for days before she would go to the hospital. I kept telling her to go yesterday. Even though it was quite warm in the house, she'd been freezing for a couple of days. Yesterday she was shivering so badly she looked like she was about to fall out of her recliner chair. I've never seen anyone shake that badly. Also, her lips were a purplish color, almost blue, and she had been throwing up all day, and my mom NEVER vomits. Marci almost freaked out when that happened. She was like, "Oh my god, is mom throwing up?! I've never seen mom throw up in my life!" Mom said she took her temperature, and it said it was only 100.4, which isn't that bad. But when she went to the doctor today she had a temperature of 104 point something. They said she's extremely dehydrated, for some reason, even though she's been drinking a lot. Which sounds like it could be kidneys again, but they are still insisting it's just some kind of virus, though they don't know what. She's only been there a few hours though. But she's dehydrated, and her blood pressure was really low, 88 over 50, or something like that.

So, I need to go now, I have to call work and see if I can get tomorrow off, to watch my sister again.