Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: My Disgusting Toe and Exploding Cars

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

My Disgusting Toe and Exploding Cars

Wow, I've been posting a lot of links lately, and that's about it. I just haven't felt much like writing. I have plenty of things to write about, just haven't felt like doing it. For one, my toe is very badly infected. About six months or so ago I had to have both my big toe nails cut out because they were ingrown and starting to get infected. Well, they've finally grown back in, and are ingrown again. The right one is only a little bit ingrown, and doesn't hurt much unless I hit it or something, but the left one is really ingrown, and is very badly infected again. I almost let it go too long, the toe was looking horrible. I finally went to the doctor Tuesday, and he gave me some antibiotics for it. He doesn't know if it will have to be cut out or not, but even if it does have to be cut out, they can't do it until the infection goes down. He said that if they were to cut into it now, I'd get blood poisoning. It hurt like hell the last few days, Saturday and Sunday I was limping at work, and Monday it hurt so bad I could barely even walk at all, and they sent me home early. I was supposed to work yesterday, but I called in because of the pain, and so I could go to the doctor.

A few days ago I received a letter in the mail, saying that my car was part of a safety recall because of a possible problem that could cause the engine to explode. It was a fuel pump valve diaphragm leak, or something like that, which was a small thing that would only take a few minutes to fix, but could cause a long chain reaction of events which could lead up to the engine catching fire or exploding. The cars affected are the 1998 Buick LeSabre with a 3.8 liter V6 engine. If you have one and haven't received a letter yet, you should go get it fixed.

I'm going to Texas this weekend. I'm going to meet up with Chris and then we're going to what may be the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me (which is pretty sad, actually). The event, well, here it is straight from the source, at Penny Arcade:

Penny Arcade is coming to Texas! July 11th and 12th.

On the 11th and 12th of July, we'll be heading down to Plano, Texas - specifically, to the Guildhall at SMU. We'll be speaking at the school that Monday, how ridiculous is that, but the day before there is some public stuff that anybody can go to. And I hope you do, too - we don't get down there very much. In fact, we never do.

Here's basically how it breaks down.

On Sunday, July 11th, we'll be at the Guildhall itself from 3 to 5 for what they have termed a "meet and greet." Here is the address:

The Guildhall at SMU - SMU-in-Legacy Campus
5228 Tennyson Parkway, Bldg. 3
Plano, TX 75024

That night, between 7 and 11, we'll be heading over to the Gameworks in Grapevine. Here is the address:

Gameworks Grapevine
3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway #525
Grapevine, TX 76051

That's pretty much it.


So, yeah, I'm really excited. I hope it's not too extremely packed full of people, like I know it will be.

In other exciting news, I've met a girl online. This one is different from the other girls I usually meet online in that she actually lives in Mid-West City, a place here in Oklahoma that isn't too far from me, and also that she is 25. Most of the time some girl will IM me or something online, and I'll be like, "Hey, she seems kinda cool," and then I find out she's actually 14. That's the main reason I don't usually respond to IMs from people I don't know anymore. Actually, I didn't meet the girl, Melissa did, and then she told her about me when she found out she lived in Oklahoma, and the girl was interested in talking to me, and told Melissa to give me her email address. I don't want to talk about her too much on here yet, in case I decide to give her the link to this site. It's not like we're going out or anything yet, we've just talked a few times. I still hardly know anything about her.

Well, I think that's pretty much everything. Everything important anyway.


What is the difference between Old English Furniture Polish and Old English 800 Malt Liquor? None that I can taste.