Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Post 800

Current Mood: Really good. I feel very content.
Current Music: "Tubthumping," by Chumbawamba. Making my good mood even better.


That's one of the few things I like about this new version of Blogger: it tells how many posts are on your blog. This is my 800th post, which is kinda hard to believe.

I really love Chumbawamba. Really. I about wet myself when I learned they have a new album coming out. And then the other day I download a little sampler of the album, and suddenly I knew how Alicia felt when she almost started crying because she found an album by one of her favorite artists at the music store a few weeks ago. I can't wait for the album to come out. I keep listening to this little three minute and thirty-three minute sampler track over and over the last two days. Today I found the album (which is called "Un") on Amazon.com. It doesn't come out until the 8th (!!!!!), but you can pre-order it, and they'll ship it out on the 8th. I even paid extra to get the 2 day shipping. The album was only $13.99, but I ended up paying almost $21 because of the extra-fast shipping. I would've gotten the next day shipping, but I just spent almost $70 on some new books yesterday. I've been doing a lot of reading the last week or so. I was also really excited by one of the books I found at the store yesterday, it's the newest book by the authors of the books I've been reading. I bought it yesterday evening, and I've already read about 200 pages of it. I will write more about these books in another post.

I was supposed to have helped Chris move his stuff down to Texas yesterday, meaning I would've been gone all day, since it's a three to four hour drive each way. He told me to come over around 9:30 or 10:00am, and we'd leave soon after that. I got there about 9:45, and they were just starting to load all the stuff up, instead of already having it mostly, or even partly, done. I helped them with that, but it ended up being after 1:00 before they were ready to set out, meaning that it would've been probably almost midnight before I got home that night if I went, so in the end I didn't go after all, since I had to work this morning.

I got sent home early today. Really early. And on top of that, I still had my usual half-hour break, so I didn't even work 4 hours today, instead of 8. I was supposed to work from 8 to 4, but I got sent home about 12:15. They had a new person starting today, so they had four people up front and a manager, instead of the usual two or three people and a manager. Also, for some strange reason, none of us were scheduled to go home at 2:00, like at least one person usually is. On top of that, it wasn't that busy, and the new girl was catching on pretty quick, so they ended up sending me home really early. I don't know why, since Alicia and Kim both got there an hour before me. I like getting off early, but I also hate losing that many hours. I won't get any overtime this week now, and I need it.

I wish if they were going to send me home really early one day this week it would've been tomorrow, instead of today. Tomorrow I am going to Texas to spend the night and my day off at Chris' new place. As soon as I get home from work I'm going to take my shower, and get my stuff ready, and clean a few things up around the house, and then I'm leaving for Texas, meaning I should get there right before dark, hopefully. Then I'm going to drive back Tuesday evening. That also means I'll be spending a lot of money on gas, with how high the gas prices have gotten. Also, I just spent $30 today on an oil change, and my car insurance is due in August, so I'm really going to have to cut my spending down the next month or two.

I'm going to go read some more, and then get some of my stuff ready for tomorrow.


"A stand can be made against invasion by an army; no stand can be made against invasion by an idea." --Victor Hugo