Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, June 11, 2004

My sentiments exactly. From Sweat Flavored Gummi:

Finally, some anti-Reagan in the media. I did not like Reagan, he scared the shit out of me. Nuclear war, complete disregard for the environment and chloroflorocarbons, his greasy hair, his politics, star wars, and his view of women as third class citizens. I can't believe there won't be any mail service today. What the fuck? Reagan was no Kennedy. Or Clinton, for that matter. Whoo, Clinton! Shout out, brotha. We miss you. Oh utopian society, where for art thou?


I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's not sad that he's dead. I'm glad he's dead.

Last night when I was eating dinner with my parents, the TV was on the news, and they were talking about all the tens of thousands of people coming to say a final farewell to Reagan, and my dad said, "I've got a farewell I'd like to give him, but I'd get arrested." I said, "I've been thinking that same exact thing ever since he died."

Last night I opened my apartment door and a cat ran in. I heard it a few nights ago meowing outside for like 20 minutes. It has a very loud and weird sounding meow. It just sounds like it's actually saying "meow." So last night I could hear it outside meowing again, and I opened the door to look and it ran into my apartment, and started rubbing against me and purring. I let it stay for about half an hour. I've never heard a cat purr so much, it was just rubbing all over me. It even kept climbing up on me and rubbing against my face. It followed me around every step I took. I almost had to toss it out the door to get it out, it kept trying to run back in. It was a nice cat, but I was extremely allergic to it, my neck even got red and inflamed and itchy, and was still that way when I went to work this morning. I've never had that happen before.

I may be getting a new layout for my site soon. Ever since they got this new version of Blogger they've got some really nice layouts. I hate doing it though, because it will mean copy and pasting a lot of code, for all the extras I have on my site.


In 1986 Satpal Ram defended himself against a racist attack and his attacker died. Although he's served longer than his original sentence he's still locked up, still refusing the role of repentant convict, still maintaining that self-defense is a legitimate response to racism.