Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Fahrenheit 9/11

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

I finally got to see Fahrenheit 9/11 today. It was an hour drive to get to the theater where it was showing, but I went anyway. And I'm glad I did. It was a great movie. Really great. If it wasn't so far away, I'd go see it again. I'm no good at writing movie reviews, and even if I was, I wouldn't know where to start with a movie like this. I'll agree with what I've read in other reviews, one minute you'll be crying, the next you'll be laughing. It was a very funny movie, but half the funniness is a bad funniness, you're laughing because you can't believe Bush just said something that horrible and incriminating. There's this one part, it's showing a clip from some interview and Bush is saying, "I'm a War President. When I sit down to do my work and make my decisions, I do it all with war on my mind."

There are a few grisly parts, like shots of a pickup truck full of dead Iraqi civilians, and a little Iraqi kid with part of his arm blown up, and this U.S. soldier's body burning in the street, and then the Iraqis are kicking it and beating it with things, and then hanging it and several other burnt bodies from a pole at the town entrance. Those are the only really graphic parts in the whole two hour plus movie. Much to his credit, Moore stays away from cheap shots like that, he stays away from simple-minded "shock the viewers" tactics.

I'm off again tomorrow! I'm glad, even though it means I have to work five days in a row before my next day off. I'm glad because since I spent half the day making the trip and watching the movie, I didn't get to do any of the stuff I had planned on doing today. For one, I need to clean Freyja's cage. Then I have a lot of blogging to do. As you probably noticed, I've been busy with my blog the last few days, after neglecting it for a while. First I changed my template, and then I've made a lot of posts in the last few days. I've got lots of more I want to make too, mostly links and stuff. It's been a while since I visited any of the sites on my links list, but the last few days I've gone to them, and there's lots of cool links built up on them since the last time I visited. I've found lots of good sites through them too, I've added probably 20 sites to my favorites in the last three days, and I added several new sites to my links list down there, you should check them out.

Well, it's getting late. Late for me anyway. Since I started working mornings I usually go to bed around 10:30. So I'm going to go to bed pretty soon.

Hmmm, one last thing before I go. I'm talking to Melissa in an IM, and she just said, "Holy Pissflaps, BatFag!" That's very strange, but very funny.


"People snapped after September 11th,
and the leader of the snap was Jerry Falwell.
Jerry Falwell was crazy before, and if you did
not know that, I'd like you to wear aluminum foil
so we KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" -- Lewis Black