Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Current Mood: Fan-fucking-tastic.
Current Music: The Wizard of Menlo Park, by Chumbawamba.



My new Chumbawamba album arrived yesterday evening! A day early! And it's fucking great, like every Chumbawamba album. I do have to admit it's not quite as good as their other albums, but it's still great. It has four or five songs that are really amazingly great, but some of the others are just semi-great. The best song on the album is called "Everything you know is wrong," and is completely and utterly kick-ass. More on that song later.

"You've probably seen a bumpersticker that says "kill your television!' Don't bother. Corporate dominated television and radio are busy killing themselves." -- The Wizard of Menlo Park

It arrived just a few minutes before I was leaving to go see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with my sister. She and my mom had been to see it a couple of days before, and they both said it was really good. Even my mom said that it was the best movie she'd seen in a while, and that I needed to go see it. They were right, it was really good. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was the best movie I'd seen lately, but it was close. The best movie I've seen lately would have to either be Hellboy, or Bruce Almighty, which I just got around to finally seeing a couple of days ago.

I did go down to Texas Monday, like I was planning. I left about 5:00pm. Chris gave me directions on how to get there. He didn't give me directions to his apartment, because it would've been too confusing, he just gave me directions to this gas station that's right there at the exit near his apartment and I was supposed to call him when I got to it, and he'd come and I could follow him to the apartment. I couldn't have gotten in even if he had told me where it was, as it has a gate and you have to have a passcard or something. I got to the gas station about 8:15, and found that none of the payphones at it worked. I asked the guy inside if those two were the only ones, and he said yes, and that some idiot has been going around and breaking all the payphones in the area, and good luck finding one that still worked. I finally found one that worked about a mile down the road. The phone worked, but I couldn't get the phone number to work. Chris had lost the charger to his cellphone, so he had told me to call his apartment number, but everytime I dialed it I got that "The call cannot be completed as dialed," message. I finally got it to work by dialing the area code and all, even though it wasn't long distance. Neither me or Chris could figure out why I had to do that. So I finally got to his apartment about 9:00, and then he and Candice made me watch American Wedding. That was the worst experience of my life, it was like being tortured for two hours. Just thinking about the movie now still causes me pain. I'd never seen any of the American Pie series of movies, and was planning on never watching them ever. There were a few funny parts, but only a handful. The biggest complaint about the movie is that it was so fucking predictable, the same reason I don't watch sitcoms, I always know exactly what's going to happen. It's like, "uh-oh, somethings wacky's going to happen now. The parent's are going to come back home." Ugh, I feel like I need a shower just from thinking about the movie.

The next day was better. Candice had to go to work, (I don't mean that's why it was better) and it was just me and Chris, and the little kid. Candice has a little girl from a previous marriage, I think she's about two years old. She's a cute kid, but like all kids her age, she can be a huge pain. Chris had to go to the base, and drop off his uniform at the cleaners to be cleaned, and to have some new rank patches put on it before he reports for duty next week. Then we got some food from Jack in the Box. I love that place, they're my favorite fast food place, but we don't have them in Oklahoma. I eat there every time I go to Texas. We took the food back to the apartment, and found that Bruce Almighty was just coming on. That movie was really, really good. If I hadn't spent so much money already this month, I'd go buy it on DVD. I've spent a lot of money this month, and now I need to spend even more. The front end of my car has needed aligned for some months now, and now the brakes are messing up, and I have to get them fixed, which my dad said will probably take at least $200. And then my almost $500 car insurance is due in August.

So we watched the movie, and then just sat around watching cartoons most of the day, and then I left to go back home about 5:00 pm. I stopped along the way to eat dinner at Jack in the Box before I left Texas, and I got back home about 8:30.

It's been raining for the last three or four days now. Raining really hard at time, but sometimes it slows to just a steady drizzle. Some parts of the state got six inches of rain in just one storm on the first day. It's like fucking Biblical weather going on here. It's even worse in Texas. It didn't stop raining the entire time I was there, and then when I came back to Oklahoma I found that it hadn't really stopped raining the whole time I was gone. When me and my sister got to the theater last night, she opened the car door to get out and said, "ugh, a puddle!" And I said, "Duh! It's been raining for three days, the whole state is a puddle! It's one big puddle from here to south Texas!"

Later I may be going to Phillip's to play Halo. The usual gang is supposed to be going over there to play, but I'm not sure if I am. I probably will.

Ok, I think that's it for now.


"That stuff inside your houses, and that stuff behind your eyes, well it all winds up as stuff that you can buy on eBay. From Babylon back to Babylon." -- On eBay, by Chumbawamba.