Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Correction: Coprophilia is "An abnormal, often obsessive interest in excrement, especially the use of feces for sexual excitement." Coprophagy is the term for shit eating. I momentarily forgot my Latin. There's not much difference between the two terms anyway, if you have one, the other's probably present too. Like anyone cares anyway. What a sick topic.

Ok, so I mentioned I got a pet. Alicia knows what it is, but I was somewhat disappointed that Melissa didn't ask about it, wondering what it was. It's not another hamster, though that's almost what I got, and it's not that far from it. It's a rat. Yes, a rat. Rats are cool. I bought a book about rats as pets when I got it, and it says they are at least as smart as dogs. That they absolutely love to be handled and will be about as loyal as a dog. You can also teach them tricks. It says they are a lot smarter, friendlier, and playful than a hamster. So far she's still a little scared of me, but she's getting better. She doesn't bite, but I have a hard time getting her out of her little house/bed thing so I can pick her up. And sometimes she tries to run from me when I have her out, but not all the time. I named her Freyja. Freyja is a Norse goddess, basically the Norse version of Venus or Aphrodite. It was also the name of the rat-girl in Final Fantasy IX, except there I think they just spelled it Freya. She's on my desk next to me right now. In a smaller carrying cage I bought. Her main cage is a ten-gallon aquarium. I know I shouldn't have bought her, as I was spending too much money lately anyway, but I've been really wanting a dog lately, especially a chihuahua, and if I hadn't bought something relatively cheap like this, I would've probably eventually broke down and bought a dog I really couldn't afford.

She gets really nervous when I put her in this carrying case, but she seems to be calming down now, because she has now curled up and gone to sleep. My mom thought it was gross when I told her I bought a rat, but then when she saw it, she said it was cute, and she likes it now. She's white, with a black hood, meaning head and neck area, and three black spots going down her back, and there's tiny black spot in the center of her chest. She's not that big for a rat. I'm not sure how old she is, but she's the same size as all the rats at Petsmart. I noticed the rats at the pet store in Crossroads Mall were almost twice the size of the rats at Petsmart. I don't know if they are a different breed, or are just a lot older, or what. I was wanting a really big rat, but Petsmart didn't have any. I spent a lot of money on her. Well, she was only $6.99, about half the price of a hamster, but I had to buy the aquarium, and all the accessories, and the food and stuff, and then yesterday I went back and bought the carrier and some more wood shavings and stuff. I've spent about $90 already.

I wasn't able to get any money for my Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I had a lot that were worth $5, but I didn't bother selling them. I may go back and sell some of them. I said that the Exodia set was worth $149, but I forgot that my set was in Japanese, instead of the American version, rendering it almost worthless. Well, I could still get up to $50 for it, but only if I can find someone who will buy it, this place doesn't buy the Japanese cards because they have trouble selling them. None of the other card sets I took were worth anything either. They didn't know anything about the Marvel cards, but I suspect they may be worth something, especially the fancier ones I have, some of them are X-Men 30th Anniversary Special Edition cards, then I have a holographic Thing, and a Marvel Masterpieces Thor. They didn't know anything about them, they told me to check a regular comic shop, but the comic shop I normally go to said they don't deal in cards, and don't know anything about them.

Hmm, seems like there was something else I wanted to mention, but I can't think what it was.


"Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute
imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point
of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell, and kill me again or take
me as I am, for I shall not change." -- Marquis de Sade's Last Will and Testament