Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: Something I just wrote.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Something I just wrote.

You could tell the motel room hadn't been used in quite some time, as all the water had evaporated from the toilet bowl. That wasn't too surprising though. This place really was in the middle of nowhere. Some tired little motel off a rural highway, in the middle of the wooded hills of Virginia. "The Sleep E-Z Motel". Certainly not the name of a four-star establishment.

At least the scenery was nice. It was October, and the leaves had turned, creating an absolutely breathtaking display. It was almost a life-taking display as well, as more than once I was almost in an accident caused by paying more attention to the scenery than I was to the road. Of course, I'm sure the fact that I'd been driving for almost 48 hours also played no small part in this. That's why I decided to check into this God-forsaken motel.

And I'm sure most people will say that most of the things that happened next were just the delusions of a sleep-starved brain.

I wish I could believe that.


(to be continued, maybe, if the inspiration stays with me for more than the usual five minutes a month)

"Wine is strong, a king is stronger, women are even stronger still, but the TRUTH will conquer all."