Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Monday, May 03, 2004

So as I said yesterday, I'm getting rid of AOL. It's something I've thought about for years, but never had the heart to do. I know AOL sucks, and lots of people make fun of anyone who uses it, but I used it anyway, even though it was always fucking up, mostly because when it did work, it was really easy to use, and had lots of features, and the AOL chatrooms are a lot easier to use than internet chatrooms. Also, it's the only program I've ever used, and I've been using the same screen name with it for all these years, even though it was a stupid screenname. My AOL screenname is KUnderw674, it's a AOL suggested one made from my real name. It sucks, and every time I'd go into a chatroom people would always ask one of two questions. "Do you go to Kansas University?" Because of the KU in the name. The other question was "Why the hell is your screenname about underwear? What kind of weirdo are you?" They usually didn't even ask if it was about underwear, they just automatically assumed it was. In spite of all this I've been using the same screen name for as long as I've had the internet. Which is over ten years. I've been using AOL for over ten years. Back when I first signed up it was only either Version 2.0 or 2.5, and you only got I think it was 5 or 6 hours of connection time a month, instead of unlimited time, and the average modem speed was between 2400 and 9000 instead of 56000 or higher, meaning it took those five hours to check your email a couple of times. Suddenly I feel old.

Hallelujah, they got my AC installed today. I'm happy now. It's a good thing they did, because it's supposed to be warm this week, even though today it's kinda cool, the high today was only around 75.

I'm tired. I don't have to go to work until 8:00 tomorrow, instead of 7:00. An extra hour of sleep. Hooray.