Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I'm a little on the bored side. I'm off today, so I've just been sitting around the apartment all day. I woke up after sleeping a couple of hours later than I had planned on, and then cleaned the apartment. I didn't vacuum, even though it has needed it for almost two weeks, because hopefully they will come and put my AC back in tomorrow, and if they do they will just mess it all up again. The reason it has needed vacuuming is because of the mess they made when they took the AC out, after I had just vacuumed the night before. So maybe I SHOULD vacuum today, maybe if I do they definitely will come put it in tomorrow so that they can mess it all up again. They better get it back in tomorrow, it's going to be in the 90s a few days this week.

OH! I FORGOT TO BRUSH MY TEETH THIS YEAR!

I used to love that show, Cow and Chicken, the Red Guy said that in one of the episodes. He was the greatest, he was my idol.

So then after I cleaned, I just sat around listening to music for an hour or so, then I did a chapter of my business course, then I got online for a couple of hours. Then I went over to my parent's house to pick up my laundry, and now here I am. I've got a frozen pizza in the oven. My oven cooks really slowly, it says to cook the pizza for 12 to 15 minutes, but it will take more like at least 30 minutes. Last time I cooked it for 30 minutes and it was still almost completely uncooked. This time though I turned the oven up to 450 instead of 425, and made sure the oven was good and warmed up before I put it in, so hopefully it won't take too long, because I'm hungry.

I spent most of the morning looking for alternatives to America Online. My mom has always paid for my AOL, but now I'm going to have to start paying for it myself, and AOL is too expensive, so I'm going to get some other ISP. Juno or NetZero (they're both owned by the same company and are identical) are the cheapest, at only $9.95 a month, but they don't look that good, and I can't find out from the site if they are unlimited access or not. I'm probably going to go with Earthlink. They seem really cool, they are owned or run by or affiliated or something with Google, and has a lot of cool features. They're $21.95 a month, but that's still cheaper than AOL, and they have a deal now where you get your first six months for half-price. I've already got a new e-mail address I set up about a week or so ago, that I've been using instead of my AOL address. My new address is now SubSpecies23@gmail.com. So anyone who cares should make sure to take note of that. I've also got to go to all the websites I have memberships and stuff to and change my settings to my new address.

My new address is through GMail, which is Google's new E-Mail service, and it rocks. I've been meaning to talk about it for a week now but never felt like it. It's not open to the general public yet, but members of certain websites, such as Blogger, are being offered the chance to sign up for it, to test it and stuff before it becomes available to everyone. It has lots of cool features, the most important being that you are given 1 gigabyte of free storage space for your email, so that, unless you want to, you never have to delete an email. It saves every email, including the ones you send, and archives them, so that even years later you can always find your old emails, you can even use Google search technology to search within your mailbox to find the exact e-mail you want, or to find all emails dealing with a certain subject, and things like that. Also, when you read an email, it displays all related emails. It displays the original email, the response to that email, and the response to that response and so on, so you can see the entire conversation as it happened. You can find out more about the service here.

That's one of the links I've been meaning to post for the last week, here are the rest:

The Potter Puppet Pals A couple of hilarious flash animations of Harry Potter puppet shows. Dumbledore is old and senile, and likes to get naked. And Ron and Harry like to bother Snape. Something that would never happen in the books. "I like the part when he stops moving."

Animutations The web site of Niel Cicierega, (I think I spelled that right) who makes the greatest, and weirdest, flash animations in the world. He also makes those Potter Puppet Pals cartoons, but these are something completely different.

A Woman/Man's Perfect Day A very funny article, though I don't agree with the man's perfect day at all. Mainly because I hate sports. I especially don't agree with the part about Bush being good and Kerry being bad. Also, not to spoil the jokes or anything, but most men would not be able to have that much sex. After the fourth blowjob or so, they'd say that's enough. Even if they didn't, they certainly still wouldn't have the stamina for a threesome that night. Most men anyway, there may be a few exceptions. So don't go sending me e-mails, I don't want to know about how manly you are in bed.

R. Lee Ermey.com The home page of R. Lee Ermey, the coolest guy in the universe. If you don't know who he is, you suck. He's the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket, and the host of The History Channel's show, Mail Call. He's also been in a few other movies, and done voices in a few cartoons, usually as a crazy guy or drill sergeant.