Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, April 23, 2004

Wow, I'm proud of myself. I just cooked my first meal. Even back when I was living at Daniels all I really ate was TV dinners and stuff like that. But tonight I cooked a meal that was a little more complicated. It was still pretty easy stuff, but it's still the first time I've ever cooked a meal. I made a box of fishsticks, some instant mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and biscuits.

I'm living without air conditioning right now. The apartment came with an AC unit, it's a window unit, but instead of being in a window, it's built into the wall of the bedroom closet, and they've attached ducts to it, that reroute to a vent in the bedroom, one in the living room, and one in the kitchen. The air was working when I moved in, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. It was plenty cold for this time of year. I could tell that when the 100 degree summer days came around it would be a little warm, but not too bad. But about a week ago, the maintenance man stopped by and said he needed to check out my air conditioner. When he was done he said that the compressor wasn't working. It would come on occasionally, but not as much as it should, so the AC was mostly acting as a fan. So Monday they came and took the AC out to send it off to be fixed. They messed up my apartment when they did it too. During my break at work I came home to grab something to eat, and I found my front door wide open, and no one in the apartment, a few seconds later the maintenance men came back and told me what was happening. But they had just went off and left my apartment wide open for like 15 minutes. They kept doing it, so I called my mom to come watch the apartment since I had to go back to work. They'd had to move my dresser so they could get the AC out of the room, and it's a big, heavy dresser, and they'd just been moving it around with a little dolly, so it had gotten warped, and the drawers wouldn't close all the way on one side anymore. Luckily I took the drawers out, and moved it back, and that bent it back into shape, so it's fine now. I would've been pissed if they'd ruined my dresser. Also, they'd taken all the filthy ductwork off the AC unit, and just thrown it on my bed. I had just vacuumed the night before too, and they got the whole apartment filthy. Too top it all off, they tell me that it will only take a day or two to fix it, but that the person that takes it and brings it back only comes on Mondays, so I will be without AC for a week, until next Monday.

Other than that, things are going good. My mom's coming over tomorrow, and we're going to paint the last few kitchen cabinets, which is the only thing we've got left to do to the apartment. We got everything else done like a week ago, and decided to wait until my next day off to do these last few cabinets.

Ok, tomorrow I'm going to write a more detailed post of the events of the last week or two. But in the meantime, if those kids crash into my front door on their bikes one more time, I'm going to throw a fucking bomb out the door.