Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Monday, April 05, 2004

Ok, time to finish what I was trying to write last night.

So anyway, me and my sister went to the Medieval Fair, it was really cool. I bought a really cool new dagger, that was only $15. I couldn't believe it was that cheap, it's really nice, and large. I wasn't going to buy anymore weapons, as I already have two swords, and I didn't want to spend too much money, since I'm hoping to get my own apartment soon, but this was so cheap I had to get it. It's really nice, it's even got a hilt, which looks like it's made of wood, I'm not sure if it really is, and it has ornamental metal overlays, which are a goldish color. It's got some red tassels hanging from the handle of the dagger. The blade is about 8 inches long, and really sharp, and has an Asian dragon painted on it.

For some reason the Medieval Fair closed earlier than usual this year, I barely had time to go after work, luckily I got Daniel to let me off at three instead of four so I could go. I think it usually stays open until at least 7:00 or later, but the newspaper said that this year it closes at 6:00. Though I was there until 6:00, and they didn't seem to be getting ready to shut down or anything, and Daniel said that when they went the night before they didn't start closing down until 7:00.

I haven't felt like writing the last week or two, mainly because I've been working a lot. I work about 43 hours a week now, which is a lot to me, when I was working nights I was only getting around 25 hours a week. I'm tired all the time lately. I only get about six or seven hours of sleep most nights. Some nights I get even less. The last couple of nights I've barely gotten five.

I hate Daylight Savings Time. I like "Fall Back", but I hate "Spring Forward." I forgot to set my clock forward this year, that's the first time that's ever happened, even my parents forgot. So I woke up twenty minutes before I was supposed to be at work. I didn't have time to even take a shower. I barely had time to get dressed and comb my hair and brush my teeth. I got to work with two minutes to spare. Luckily everyone else in the area must have slept late, because we hardly had any customers the first few hours we were open. We're usually really busy on Sunday mornings. It's a good thing we weren't really busy, because Alicia called in sick.

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to get that apartment after all, not for maybe another month or two anyway. I went in a couple of weeks ago, and the landlady told me to come back on the fifth, because they had a tenant that was probably going to be leaving. Also, there's another apartment complex right up the street from here, which is a much nicer place, but probably costs more. I've never been able to find out how much they cost, because for some reason their office is only open from 9:00am to Noon, three days a week. I've also been told by many people that they always have a huge waiting list to get in. But a few days ago I noticed that their sign says that they have a vacancy. Today is the day the lady at the other place told me to call back, but I ended up having to work today. So this morning my mom called both places for me, but today they both told her that they had no apartments available. So after work I went up there in person to talk to the lady that told me to come back today, and she said that now they won't know about that apartment she was telling me about until the 8th now. If the current tenant hasn't paid by then, she is going to get kicked out. But then, she also informed me that they also have a waiting list. I don't know why she didn't mention this before, or offer to put my name on it. So today she put my name on the waiting list, but I was something like the 8th name down on the list. But she told me that if they don't get in touch with the person in one day, they go to the next name on the list. So, IF the woman doesn't pay her rent and gets kicked out, there's a very small chance that I might get it. But even if I don't get this apartment, another one should probably open up in a month or two, and I'll have another shot. For example, the guy that was in the office talking to the landlady while I was waiting was telling her that May was going to be his last month there, and that he may not even stay all of that month. Of course, the longer I have to wait, the better really, since I can save up some more money, but I was really excited about getting an apartment, and I want one as soon as possible.

This is really freaky. My sister has not been in her room all day, and says she's never going in there again, because she woke up in the middle of the night last night, and saw my dead grandmother in her room. You could say it was just a dream, but this grandmother (my mom's mother) died while my mom was pregnant with my sister, and my sister has never seen her, we don't even have any pictures of her. And yet my sister described her perfectly. My grandma used to come stay with us a lot, because she was sick a lot, and when she did, the room that is now my sister's room, was her room. And it keeps getting weirder. Marci woke up and saw her sometime around 4:30 in the morning, which is the same time that my grandma died. Also, April 5th was the last day that my grandma spent in that room alive. She went to the hospital the next day, and died like a week or two later.

Well, it seems like there was something else I was going to write about, but I can't think what it was. So anyway, here's all the stuff I've been needing to write about. Maybe I'll write some more tomorrow. But I doubt it. Even though I'm off and have nothing else to do.