Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I just remembered something else that happened the other night when me and Alicia got drunk. Something really weird. Something that's hard enough to do sober, much less drunk. Ok, so we were sitting there, and I started looking through my deck of Tarot cards, and we start talking about the cards and the pictures on them and stuff like that. Upon coming to the card The High Priestess, I point to the pillars on the cards, and begin to explain as best I can while drunk, "See, the black pillar is marked with a B and the white pillar is marked with a J. This stands Boaz and Jachin. Boaz and Jachin were the names of the pillars on each side of the entrance to the Holy of Holies in the Temple of Solomon. The chamber were the Ark of the Covenant was kept. And, to this day, every Masonic Lodge contains a recreation of these pillars, which stand on each side of the worshipful master." Something along those lines anyway, I was drunk. I began to trail off around that point. This isn't something I made up while drunk, it's all true. I could go on for an hour about this and the other imagery in this single Tarot card, linking it several major religions in the process. I could also go on for hours about the Freemasons, and the Knights Templar, and the things linking all of these things, including Tarot cards, and also the Shroud of Turin.

Well, they got the plumbing problem fixed, but still no news on the water heater. It's not leaking anymore, I don't think. They closet has started to dry out, and the floor had too. I'm not sure, but it feels as if the carpet may be getting wetter again. Though I don't know why it would be, the concrete closet floor is still getting drier, so if the carpet's getting wetter, it's not coming from there that I can see.

My bathroom no longer smells delicious. I don't know what it was. Maybe the neighbors were simmering spaghetti sauce or something. The whole apartment smelled like spaghetti sauce for at least four hours. It was strongest in the bathroom. Maybe it was somehow coming through that vent in the ceiling that you turn on to suck all the steam and hot air and shit stink out through.