Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Since I'm working day shift now, I'm making a lot more money than I was on nights. I've actually gotten about an hour of overtime the last couple of weeks. So the paycheck I got today was just a few cents under $400, compared to the $250 or so I was making on nights the last few months. That's still not much money though, considering that that is for two weeks of work.

So anyway, now that I'm making more money, I should be able to afford to move out. I went and looked at several apartments today, but the place I was thinking of moving into last year is still the best one for me. It's pretty good, and really cheap. A one bedroom apartment is $320 a month, and that includes water and free Direct TV satellite TV. I'd really like a two bedroom apartment, but that is $370 a month, and I probably couldn't afford that until I get a better job.

I like all the extra money, and I like working mornings better than nights now, but I'm really tired lately. I've actually been having to take a nap once or twice a week, I never used to take naps. I've hardly taken a nap in my life, usually only when I'm extremely sick. Which reminds me, I went to the doctor the other day, since I've been sick for like the last two months or more. Every other doctor in the area says it's just "The Oklahoma Crud" that's going around, and there's nothing that can be done about it, but the doctor I go to says "we've had a lot of luck treating it with antibiotics and steriods," so he gave me some cough medicine and some other kind of pill. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but it must be some kind of steroid or something, because it's making me have to piss constantly, which my parents say they will sometimes do. The last time the doctor gave my dad a steroid pill it almsot killed him. He almost pissed himself to death. He lost like 30 pounds over a couple of weeks. I wish I could lose 30 pounds in about two weeks.

I am so tired. I was off today, so I got a few extra hours of sleep, but I'm still really sleepy. I'm going to have to go to bed early.

I'm trying to get back on my diet now too. I've gained back about half the weight I had lost.

Me and Alicia are going to start going to the movies again, we were maybe going to go tonight, but didn't. She wants to wait a few more days, and see if anything new comes out over the weekend. I can't think of anything that comes out this weekend though.

Well, I'm really tired, so I'm going to go read and then go to bed.