Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Thursday, March 18, 2004

I got so fucking drunk last night. Not because it was St. Patrick's Day, I don't care about that, but because it was Daniel's birthday, and he had a "party." It wasn't much different than our usual Halo nights, except that there was more alcohol. I was the only one drinking most of the night though, everyone else was too engrossed in the video game, and then had to go home early. I was off today, so I was able to stay up late and get really drunk. It was the usual crew, me, Daniel, his wife Olivia, Phillip and Crystal, who left their baby with its grandpa for a few hours, Shawn, and his girlfriend Megan, who doesn't usually come, and Robert. There were supposed to be some of Daniel's other friends that I don't know that well coming over around midnight, but I think only one of them showed, unless they showed up and left during the two or three hours I was asleep.

I got there about 5:00 and I was the first one there, so me and Daniel just played cooperative mode for a while, on the "Legendary" difficulty setting. It was hard. Then everyone else showed up, so we did our usual versus play for a few hours. During the first hour or two I was there I had a couple of beers. I'm a lightweight with alcohol, so this was enough to give me the beginnings of a small buzz, but I stopped drinking for a couple of hours and it went away. I stopped playing sometime around 8:30, because I was playing really bad for some reason. So I just sat there watching everyone else, and drinking a couple of rum and Dr. Peppers, which is really nasty, but they didn't have any Coke. Everyone else had to work in the morning, so they all left about 10:00. Wow, some party. So all that was left was just me, Daniel, and Olivia. Olivia decided to go take a nap so she could stay up and drink when everyone else got there. So me and Daniel just sat there talking and drinking for awhile. Since the rum and Dr. Pepper was so gross, at this point I switched to vodka and orange juice, which gets me drunk really quickly. By the time I finished two of them, I was so drunk I could hardly sit up anymore. I guess Olivia couldn't sleep, because she got back up at this point, and we decided to watch Red vs. Blue. After watching it for about half an hour, I started dozing off, because I was so drunk. Finally I went to sleep sometime around midnight. I woke up when they got done watching the DVD, but I went back to sleep. I woke up about 3:00am and Jared, I think his name is, had shown up. He, Daniel and Olivia were really drunk, but I was still tired, and had sobered up, so I just decided to go home. That's the first time I've been really drunk in a long time. A year to be exact. Daniel's last birthday party was the last time I got really drunk. No, wait, I just remembered. I got really drunk a about a month after that, when I lost my job at 7-11 and decided to go down to Dallas for the weekend, check into a cheap motel, and get really drunk, and do some Hunter S. Thompson-like writing. I've been meaning to post that story, but never have gotten it edited. I have 8 typewritten pages about that trip, but I had been planning on turning them into some kind of actual story or something, but it appears that's never going to happen. Anyway, 10 or 11 months ago was the last time I got really drunk, all I've done since then is drank a few beers and gotten a buzz. And even that hasn't happened very often.

That trip to Dallas was a very interesting story, and I really should post about it sometime. One of the most notable things about it, is that while there I went to a strip club for the first time, and then went back again the next night, and then my car almost broke down on the way back to the motel at two in the morning while I was about half drunk and probably 10 miles from the motel, and not knowing where the nearest mechanic was, and even if I did it wouldn't be open at 2:00am. Good times.

I think my TV is possessed. Earlier I was just sitting here at the computer, while the TV was on behind me. Suddenly, the volume on my TV starts going up, until it's all the way up, even though no one was anywhere near the remote. The volume bar was coming up on screen and everything. I turned the volume back down, and then left my room to go tell my mom about it, and while I was out there, the volume started going back up again. I tried to turn it back down, but it wouldn't this time, it still just kept trying to go up, even though it was already up. I couldn't get the remote to do anything at all. Finally I went over to the TV and hit the power button. As soon as it went off, it instantly came back on, still at full volume. I turned it off probably ten times, but it would just come back on as fast as I could turn it off, so I finally had to unplug it. About five minutes later, I plugged it back in, and it didn't come back on, so I turned it on, and turned the volume down, and it's been fine since. I hope it's not about to break or something.

I had to go get some new headphones for my iPod today, because while I was passed out at Daniel's, one of his dogs chewed up the right earpiece of my headphones. I didn't notice it until about halfway home. I'm just glad the dog only chewed up the headphones, and not the iPod itself. These new headphones I bought suck though. They were $20 and supposed to be really good. They have some kind of rubber tunnel on them that's supposed to create "virtual surround sound," but instead it just sounds like ass. It sounds like listening to music in a barrel or something, it sounds like the bass has been turned up, and the treble turned way down or something.

Also while I was out, I picked up a copy of School of Rock one of the many movies I want right now. Then I went by the comic book store to get some Hellboy comics. I've never read the comics, but the movie looks really cool, so I decided to see what the comics are like. I also got a six issue compilation book of PvP, which is my favorite comic strip, online or otherwise.

So, as you can see, I've got a lot of stuff to do tonight, I'm gonna go start on it now.