Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, March 12, 2004

Current Mood: Tired, but happy and relaxed.
Current Music: See below.


I planned on writing this post a few hours ago, but then I found this site, INFINITE WHEEL, and I've spent the last several hours playing with it. I know I've said this before, and I know I'll say it again, but this is one of the coolest sites ever. It's got several different "Dub Selectors." Little Flash powered programs that have several different musical background loops, and various other things the click or play with that make other sounds to accompany the music. Just go check it out yourself. This is the best one: INTO TWILIGHT. I've got one of the loops from it playing right now, my favorite combination is the third or fourth flower, they're both good, combined with the third bouncy thing, and a little tune I developed on the stars. This site really relaxed me too, it's great. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I really needed it too, it was a really hard day, which is what I was going to write about.

Work today started off bad. The last few days they've been putting in a new computer system and stuff at work, but it's taking them a while, and they keep leaving us in the middle of it for a day or two. So today we had no back line screens. Normally, A person takes the order, then the cooks make it, and then a third person sacks the order, or puts it on a tray. Today we had registers, but none of the other screens, so when we rang up an order, the cooks and the sacker didn't know what the order was, so we had to tell them. It was really annoying. And to top it all off, this was one of the busiest days in years. We made over $1100 dollars on breakfast alone. Normally if it gets up to $900 or so that's a pretty busy breakfast. Breakfast was so busy we actually ran out of biscuits about ten minutes before breakfast was supposed to be over, so we had to start serving lunch a few minutes early. We ran out so quickly, we couldn't even make the orders of a couple of people that had already ordered. We had to apologize and give them their money back. After breakfast we didn't expect we'd be very busy, because school was out today for some teacher's meeting thing, and then they start spring break Monday. So we didn't figure out lunch would be that busy, because we wouldn't have the high school lunch rush like usual. We were wrong. About 12:15 it got very busy, and didn't stop until almost 3:30, which is really weird, because most days it gets really slow and we hardly have any orders between 1:30 and 3:00. It was so busy no one could get their work done. I had to clean the bathrooms today, which is usually done around 12:30 but today it was almost 2:00 before I got the chance to clean them. They finally got our screens fixed about 2:00, but the new system sucks, it's almost as bad as not having the screens at all. And also, most of our customers seemed to be even stupider than usual today.

So that's why I'm tired and why I needed to relax. OK, I'm gonna watch a movie or something and go to bed.