Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Yesterday I spent over $50 at Wal-Mart on personal hygiene products. Trying to improve my image, or something. I actually bought some hair styling product. I haven't used anything in my hair since 7th grade, when I briefly had a flat-top hairdo. People seem to think it's weird that I don't use anything in my hair. Also, I'm thinking of getting a new hairstyle, but I don't know what I want though. I don't like most of the hairstyles guys wear these days. I think I'm just going to go to the barbershop, and tell them to give me a guy's haircut, whatever is in style and they think would look good on me. I'm also starting to wear cologne. That's another thing people always think is incredible weird about me, I never wear cologne or anything like that. It's weird, you tell most people that you don't wear cologne, and they look at you like you have two heads or something, like it's the craziest thing they've ever heard. I used to never wear cologne, but the last year or two I've started wearing it every now and then, but still not that often. I usually use that Axe body spray. Now I'm going to start wearing it every day. Then I also just decided to try some new brands of shampoo and deodorant and soap and stuff like that. Here's a list of what I bought:

-- That new orange flavored Listerine, since I was almost out of my other bottle of mint Listerine.
-- A bottle of Pert shampoo/conditioner. Pert is my favorite shampoo, but I normally use Flex. This Pert is different from the kind I normally use though. Some new kind they have, that's supposed to be refreshing. It's got herbal ingredients that cool your scalp. I used it this morning, and it felt like I was rubbing Vick's Vaporub into my scalp, and it had a sorta medicine-like smell to it. It wasn't really that bad though.
-- A bottle of that new Old Spice men's body wash. It sucks. I used a ton of it, but could not get it to lather at all. And then it wouldn't rinse off, it felt like it was still on me.
-- A different brand of deodorant than I usually use. I don't remember what kind it was.
-- A bottle of Axe body spray. "Kilo" scent. Of the kinds I've used though, I like the "Apollo" scent best, but this is pretty cool too. "Voodoo" sucks.
-- Some Aussie flexible hold hairspray stuff.
-- Some Gillette after shave skin conditioner lotion stuff. I've used it before, and it's pretty cool.
-- Some more Listerine breath strips. I've been using these since they came out, but I was almost out.
Then tonight I went back and bought some more stuff. I bought some different hair stuff, some Salon Selectives hair styling gel, and some Clean and Clear face wash.

Picking out the hair product took forever. Both nights I was standing in the aisle for probably 15 minutes looking at the different products, since I've never bought anything like that before.

I also spent some money yesterday on some car products. A new air freshener, some auto Febreeze, and a really cool car duster called the "California Duster" or something, it works really well. I also bought some things called "Tireflys." They're these lights ( I got blue ones) that screw on in place of the caps on your tires valve stems, and they are motion activated, and as you drive they flash. I don't think they're working though. I don't think they're sensitive enough. I know before I put them on the car you could shake them around and everything, and they wouldn't come on. You had to flick them hard to get them to come on.

Tonight I also bought a Spongebob t-shirt. They had several different ones, but they only had one style in my size, and unfortunately it wasn't my favorite one, but it's still cool, so I got it, I just liked a couple of the others better. This one is grey, and it has Spongebob on the front, and he's pulling his pant/shirt combo thing he wears way up on him, and he's making an angry face, and it says "I wear the pants in this pineapple!"

Okay, that's all. I'm ending this stupid post now.