Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, February 13, 2004

It's almost Valentine's Day. Whoop-de-doo. I usually hate Valentine's Day, but it's not bothering me this year. Actually, I bought some flowers for someone this year, I still don't want to say who, not until tomorrow at least. I bought a dozen orange roses. I wanted to get her some flowers, but I felt red roses was going a little far. I've never given anyone anything for Valentine's day before. Except for in elementary school when we had to give a valentine to everyone in class.

In honor of Valentine's day, I have a few Valentine's related items for this post.

Japan has Valentine's Day, but it's a little bit different. On February 14th, women give chocolate to the men they know. Husbands, boyfriends, fathers, etc. Chocolate given to lovers and people you like, is called honmei-choco, but also, women must give little chocolates or trinkets to male co-workers, and things like that, whether they want to or not. This is called giri-choco, or "obligation chocolate." Then, on March 14th, called "White-Day" men return the favor, and give white chocolate and/or gifts to all women who gave them something on Valentine's Day.

Here's a pickup line you should never use, courtesy of Johnny Bravo. "Man, you're hot! Can I smother you with my body so you don't catch on fire?"

The Alt.Suicide.Holiday Valentine's Day Survival Kit

The Anti-Valentine's Day Page

What the different colors of roses mean.

Hmmm, I thought I had more Valentine's stuff than that. But I guess I don't.