Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Sunday, February 01, 2004

Current Music: Brak singing "Don't Touch Me!"

I have lost all of what little faith I had in humanity. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. President Bush, and his little lap-dog, Tony Blair, are both nominees for the Nobel Peace Prize. All Bush has done since he entered office is start wars. And Blair has eagerly went along with everything Bush says. But the (stupid) reasoning is that by fighting against terrorism, and removing Saddam from power, they have done much to create peace. Bah! I am full of hate and bile now.

Wil Wheaton has invented a new word, which I am going to start using, "gargabage." It was born in this paragraph taken from his web site:
I have this compulsion to write and create. This is good, because I'm supposed to run in a manuscript of Just A Geek RSN . . . but I'm really only good for about 2 hours a day. Longer than that, and my brain just churns out garbage. Sometimes and there's value to garbage: It's easier to rewrite garbage than fill up a blank page, but more often than not, the gargabage* is just garbage.

*(that was supposed to say "garbage," but "gargabage" is such a wonderful word, and so perfectly descriptive, I'm leaving this happy accident intact.)

I agree, that is a very wonderful word. And, by looking at the way it was used in that paragraph, I have come up with a definition. Gargabage is anything that is worse than garbage, something that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The word is also very reminiscent of "Gargamel" from The Smurfs.

Bush being nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize is gargabage.

The Failure of Man.

SlinkaScape A sexy cool blog I have just discovered.

This is a cool little not-really-good-for-anything-useful thing: Visited States Lets you make a map that highlights the states you have visited. Here is mine. This is the states I have been too, including the one I live in, but not counting the states I've just passed through, or had a short stopover in, on the bus trip.



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

Also available is Visited Countries, which has no use for me, as I have never been to any other countries. Though, hopefully, one day soon Japan will be in red on my Visited Countries map.

Also on the same site, check out these Google Hacks.

The Democratic Candidates and their Cartoon Equivalents.

The Jean-Paul Sartre Cookbook The long version of an article I've read before and have on my computer somewhere. I prefer the shorter version, but this one is pretty funny anyway.

I didn't get to write yesterday, because yesterday sucked. I didn't get to do anything yesterday. As soon as I walked in the house when I got home from work, my mom said "Hurry and change clothes, I need you to go with me to the dentist." She's been having a lot of pain from one of her teeth the last week or so, and it got so bad she just sat down with the phonebook and tried to find anywhere that was open Saturday and could fit her in. She finally found one about 40 miles away in Oklahoma City. She needed me to go with her so I could drive us back if she was in too much pain or something to drive back. They ended up having to do a root canal, so we were there for about three hours. By the time we got back home it was 8:30pm. We ordered some pizza, and so then by the time we ate it was a little after 9:00, and the last time I had gotten to eat anything the whole day was when I went on break at work at 9:30am. Then I was so tired I went to bed at 10:30. I was barely able to stay awake that late. I can't believe how early I've been going to bed the last few nights. I haven't gone to bed this early in probably almost ten years.

The last two days at work have been fun, because I've gotten to work with Alicia both days. I haven't worked with her in a long time. It's fun. She's weird. And being around her makes me weird. I was very weird at work today. Yesterday I was talking about eating goats all morning, and then, I swear this is true, a couple came through drive-thru, and the lady in the passenger seat was holding a baby goat in her lap. It started bleating at me, in this cute little high-pitched bleat. I could barely take their money, because I was trying not to laugh. Even worse, Alicia was trying to take someone else's order over the headset, but she was laughing too hard. She finally had to kinda duck down so she couldn't see the goat anymore. Seeing goats in the drive-thru isn't that odd around here, it happens all the time. But they're usually in cages in the back of the truck, not sitting in a person's lap. It was a cute baby goat. It looked delicious. Just like Alicia's dog. Just thinking of Alicia's big, fat, meaty, dog makes my mouth water. I want to smother it in BBQ sauce and eat it. She said today that if I put BBQ sauce on it, it would probably eat itself, it is so fat.

The goat incident also reminds me of the time a woman came through drive-thru, and there was a sock on the seat next to her. This isn't that weird. What was weird was that the sock was moving. A lot. Finally I asked her what was in the sock. And she said it was a snake. That's where she keeps her snake, in a big sock with the end tied.

Today was even more fun than yesterday, because today was really slow, so me, Alicia, and Kim just stood around goofing off most of the day.

Well, I have to go now, I'm going to finish the third chapter of my PCDI Small Business Management course. I've put this chapter off for about a week. I was going to do it yesterday, but didn't get to.

This was a very long post. The longest one in a long time.