Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Current Mood: Tired.
Current Music: "Right Here, Right Now," by Fatboy Slim


I'm tired. I'm glad I'm off today. But the day has gone by really fast. I haven't even done anything, and the day's flown by.

I haven't been writing much. Since I switched to day shift, I'm working about twice the hours I used to, and then the last week I come home from work every day and play Halo with my sister for a couple of hours. Then I go to bed about four hours later.

I wonder when my next shipment of lessons for my business course is going to get here? I sent the first set off to be graded a week or two ago.

I got some mail from Bank One today, about my credit card account. They caught their mistake, I was hoping they wouldn't. A few months ago I placed an order at www.discountanimedvd.com for $70.90. The DVDs got backordered, and finally, over a month later, they told me that they weren't going to be able to get them, they were no longer available, and I could either pick some new ones, or get a refund. I chose the refund. They said it would take up to 30 days for the refund to be credited to me. Then my credit card bill came due before I got the refund, so the credit card statement said I still owed the money. I called Bank One, and straightened it all out, they told me not to pay it and they would credit the money to my account. Then my credit card statement came in last month, and for some reason it said I didn't owe anything on that statement, even though I had bought some stuff, and it said I had a positive balance of like $38 left on the card. Finally I figured out that they'd made a mistake, and instead of just removing the charge from my bill, they gave me a refund, even though I never actually paid it. I was hoping they wouldn't catch their mistake, but today I got a letter saying that they'd just realized they made a mistake. Both them and the DVD place had credited the $70.90 to me. So that means that this month I'm going to actually have to pay for this month's bill, and the one I didn't have to pay last month.

So I've been playing a lot of Halo lately. The other night we all went over to Daniel's to play. They wanted me to bring my sister, since she likes playing Halo too, and she's pretty good at it, at least compared to me she is, but I suck, so that's not saying much. My mom wouldn't let her go though, she says it wasn't right for her to play video games with a bunch of older guys, even though Olivia was going to be there too. So me and Marci have been playing against each other the last few days, and we're both getting better, especially me. The next time we all play maybe I won't suck so much. I know my way around the stages a lot better now too.

w00t! Headshot.

All the guys at work that play Halo, such as Daniel, Murray, Shawn, and Phillip, are reading the Halo books now too. There's a series of novels out about Halo. I went to the bookstore last night and bought one of them too. The Fall of Reach. It's a prequel to the game. I just started reading it this morning, and I'm half done with it already. I read really fast.

I had some car trouble when I went to the bookstore last night. I thought I was going to have to call my dad to come give me a jump or something. When I tried to start my car it almost started, but then suddenly went dead. And then it wouldn't start, it acted like the battery was dead. It also looked like there might have been a short or something, because whenever I'd try to start it, the radio would go crazy, it's started ejecting the CD, and then pulling it back in, and trying to eject the tape that's been stuck in the tape player for several months now. When I'd try to start it, the inside lights and the indicators on the dash would light up, but barely, but then I hit the dash since the radio was acting possessed, and everytime I'd hit the dash, the lights would get brighter, so I thought maybe there was just a short. I sat there a few minutes, then tried to start the car again, and it still wouldn't start, so I popped the hood and decided to have a look. This was a useless gesture, since I know absolutely nothing about cars, I can barely check my oil. I looked the battery over, and jiggled the battery cables a little, and then tried to start the car again, and it started like nothing was ever wrong. When I got home I had my dad look it over, but he couldn't figure what was wrong with it either. The only possible problem was that one of the battery cables was a tiny bit loose, hardly at all. Not loose enough it should have caused any problems, but that's the only thing he could figure out. He tightened it, and so far the car has started both times I've started it today. I hope that's all that's wrong with it.

Hmmm, did I ever make any posts about those new Quizno's Subs commercials? I've been meaning to, but I don't remember if I did. Anyway, everyone I know is talking about those new commercials they have with the singing things. Everyone also has a different opinion on what those things are supposed to be. Some of my friends commented that for some reason the commercials seemed familiar, but they couldn't think why. Why is because those things, called The Spongemonkeys, are originally from a website I posted on here a couple of times a few months ago. A site with lots of funny flash animations, one of which was the Spongemonkeys singing "We like the Moon," which was changed into "We like the Subs" for the commercials.

Here's the link to the site: Rathergood.com - The Lair of the Crab of Ineffable Wisdom
And here's the link to the Spongemonkeys cartoon: We Like the Moon!

I'm so glad I switched to day shift, even though I don't have as much free time now. I like day shift a lot better than night shift now. It's just a whole lot less boring, and most of the day crew employees, the ones in the kitchen at least, actually know what they are doing. I do miss working with Stacy though. The other night I went up to Carl's for a couple of hours, and talked to her and Daniel. It was great. She's so cute, and beautiful, and sweet.

Ugh, I'm getting very tired, and it's only 7:15.

I think that's all for now, I'm gonna go read some more.