Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Current Mood: Sick as hell.
Current Music: "We Suck Young Blood," by Radiohead


Since I'm lazy, most of this post is just cut and paste from a conversation I just had with Chris, with minor editing.

Damn, I'm sick today, I was sick yesterday too. I don't know what it is, I got it from Marci, mom's got it too, and some of the people at work are getting it. It starts as a sore throat. That's about all Mom's got, is a really bad sore throat for days. Marci started out with a sore throat, then got a fever. I just woke up the other morning with a really sore throat, then as the day went on, my sinuses started bothering me, then that night I started sneezing. Yesterday it moved down into my chest, my throat wasn't as sore, but I was coughing a lot, and my sinuses were still congested. Today it's still just my nose and chest. I feel really weak and tired too the last two days. Last night I went to the bookstore, and by the time I left, I felt so bad I could barely drive home. I'm taking Nyquil pills and Robitussin cough syrup, but neither's doing much at all. I've been reading nearly the entire day. At 10:00 am I started reading the third Halo book, that I bought last night, "First Strike." I read it until 2:30, when I stopped to instead read a chapter of my business course, the next shipment finally came in. Then I read Halo some more until about 6:30, then me and Marci played Halo until a few minutes after 8:00. I've read about 250 pages of that Halo book today. It's only got 340 pages.

Now the rest of this post is all original.

So that's my day. It sucks. I feel like shit. Not as bad as I did, but still pretty shitty. Now I'm bored. I'll probably go finish reading that Halo book. Last night I also bought that Rob Zombie movie The House of 1000 Corpses. It was pretty cool, but not quite what I expected. First I expected it to be a lot campier and weirder, and also more extreme. The movie was actually pretty tame compared to what I was hoping to see. Also, there was no cannibalism, for some reason I was expecting, and hoping to see, cannibalism. Kim at work was right, it's very similar to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Actually, I've never seen that, but I've heard enough about it, and seen enough of one of the really bad sequels (the third movie, I think) to tell that it's very similar. The other day at work me and Kim were talking about Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson, she loves Rob Zombie, and that movie.

Well, I feel like crap, so that's all for now.