Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, January 09, 2004

Well, I just did it. I enrolled in the PCDI Small Business Management course. It costs $545, payable in payments of $34 a month for 15 months. I wonder how long it will take the stuff to get here, it says they will rush it to me. I want to get started and get done quickly. You have a 2 years to complete the course, but it says you can get it done in a year or less. Even if Chris and I don't open this store like we're talking about, the stuff I learn will still help.

We had a really annoying customer at work the other night. He came through drive-thru and ordered a Ranch Bacon Cheeseburger. He came back just a minute or two later, and just held the burger up and showed it to me, he didn't even say anything at first. I didn't see anything wrong with it, he hadn't even taken a bite out of it or anything. I figured he was going to complain that it didn't have lettuce and tomato and stuff, which that burger doesn't come with anyway. Finally he said, "Why isn't the cheese melted?" I said, "well, I guess it wasn't hot enough, do you want a fresher one?" And he said that he did, so I was like "Okay, just let me throw that one away." And he said "No, I'm keeping and eating this one, AND you're going to give me a fresh one." So I said, "Let me check with my manager," because normally we wouldn't have given him a fresh one AND let him keep the first one. But Daniel went ahead and made another one for him anyway. But since the guy was such an asshole he didn't make a fresh one, he just made one and stuck it in the microwave for 15 seconds. I'm surprised the guy didn't complain about that, because you could tell it had been microwaved, the wrapper was hot, and wrinkled and soggy like they get when you microwave them. So I gave the guy his new burger, and he said "I'm gonna check this burger, and if there's spit or anything in this, I am calling the cops." And I said "There shouldn't be, the manager made it," and he said, "Yeah, well I'm just telling you, I WILL call the cops if there's anything wrong with this." What an asshole.

I'm bored. There's never anything on at this time of day. I've already been awake for almost four hours. The last month or so I've been going to bed by midnight, and getting up around 8 or 9 a.m. I like having lots of time to do stuff before work, but I get bored. By the time 2:00 gets here I'm thinking, "Isn't it ever going to get time to go to work? I want to go to work," because I'm so bored. Then I'm so bored and tired that by the time it's time to go to work, I'm about to fall asleep. Yesterday I took a ten-minute nap in my car before work, I was so tired. I've also still got allergies pretty bad. My allergies have been bugging me the last couple of weeks. And the Benedryl I take makes me even more sleepy. This is why I wish the PCDI stuff would get here quickly, so I have something to do.