Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I am in the greatest mood today. I'm not sure why, I just am. I think part of it is the excellent CD I burned today. The track list is as follows:

Boys of Summer - The Ataris
Thank You - Dido
Touch of Grey - The Grateful Dead
November Rain - Guns N' Roses
Civil War - Guns N' Roses
Hurt - Johnny Cash
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit
Sister Christian - Night Ranger
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers
It's the End of the World as We Know It - R.E.M.
The One I Love - R.E.M.
Stand - R.E.M.

The CD rocks. Almost every song on it is a song I absolutely love. Touch of Grey is now my favorite song. It's one of the greatest songs ever made. It's also the first music video I remember seeing. When I was a little kid this amazing video came out, and my whole family loved it. Whenever it came on we'd always tell each other and we'd all watch it. It is such a cool video. It was made up to look like a live performance by the Grateful Dead, but every now and then during the song they would change to skeletons. It was these skeletons dressed up to look like the band members, and they were like on wires and stuff, so it looked like they were playing the music and singing and stuff.

I went shopping today, mainly to try to finally find a present for my dad. I had no idea what to get him, and neither does my mom, she doesn't know what to get him at all. I also needed to find a present for Alicia, but I forgot to do that. I found something for my dad, a cheap little tool kit thing to keep in your car. I bought a lot of stuff for myself while I was there too. I ended up spending like 50 dollars today. The other day I bought a lot of manga, I got three books of the Dragonball manga, and an issue of Shonen Jump manga magazine.

I was going to go to the movies and see The Last Samurai again, but then I realized that the new Lord of the Rings movie came out today, so I knew I wouldn't be able to get near the theater, and I had also spent enough money already today. I'm going to have to go out again Friday and do some more shopping, and find something for Alicia. Friday's also my birthday, yay!

Alicia gave me my birthday present today, it's cool. It's a wind chime, which, like she said, is kinda a girly present, but it's still cool, because it's got Chinese symbols on it.

I'm gonna go do some online shopping now. For Christmas my parents are giving me $150 dollars to use to order stuff I want from the internet with. That sentence was really awkward, but I tried writing it several different ways, and that was the best I could do. I know it violated a few rules of grammar though, for example, you're not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition.