Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Oh damn, I'm going to be sore the next few days. I had a very hard workout tonight. I was talking to Chris online and was telling him about how I'd been working out and stuff, and he decided to "help" me. He's in the Navy, so he got all drill sergeant on me and was saying things like "I didn't say to give me an excuse, I said do it!" It was cool though, because he taught me the correct way to do the exercises, how to breathe and stuff, and it really did make them much easier. We made an agreement that when he comes home in June we will work out together, and he set a goal that I have to reach by the time he gets here. He wants me to be able to do 100 situps, which will be easy, at the moment I can do 30 to 40 easy, and when I was 13 I could do 150 easy. But he also wants me to be able to do 100 pushups, which is going to suck, right now I can only do 10 to 15 at once. The hardest part though, is he wants me to be able to run a mile and a half in 13 minutes. Right now I could run a mile and a half in maybe two days. I can only run about 100 feet at a time, and then I have to rest for like 15 minutes. He wants me to go out and do some walking, and get a start on the running, tomorrow morning, but I don't know if I will, I probably will. The weather's been really bad the last week though, but I think it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow anyway. I told him that I might not because of the weather, the last week it's been in the 30s and 40s and wet the last few days. He said, "I run, and I'm in Iceland, so don't talk to me about the weather." I just thought though, I don't have a coat to wear while I work out, the only coat I have is a $200 leather jacket.

Well, I don't really have anything else to write about, my life has been pretty boring lately. There hasn't even been anything good or TV lately. I thought about going to see the new Matrix movie today, but I heard it sucks even more than the second one. A critic in the paper here gave it two stars, and said thank god it's the last movie of the series.