Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I'm down another three pounds today. Hooray! That means I now weigh 264, for a total of 15 pounds lost. I wasn't able to go walking this morning though, my leg still hurts.

I bought some stuff yesterday, and used it to further decorate my little "table top Asian area." The top of my dresser is covered with little dragon and Buddha statues and stuff like that. With my Bonsai tree in the center. Yesterday I bought more stuff. Have you ever seen those little boxes, usually at the bookstore, with names like "The Mini Buddha Kit," or "The Mini Voodoo Doll Kit," or "The Mini Zen Garden Kit," things like that? I love those things, I already had the Zen Garden kit, the mini fountain kit, and the sushi kit. The sushi kit came with a tiny book about sushi, a pair of tiny, completely unusable (for me anyway) chopsticks, a little soy sauce dipping bowl, and a bamboo sushi rolling mat. Yesterday I bought a really cool kit, called the "Takeout for Two" kit, all about Chinese takeout food. It came with a little book about Chinese takeout, including some recipies to make Chinese food yourself, and hints on hour to make your Chinese takeout eating experience more authentic. It also came with two more pairs of tiny chopsticks, two ceramic chopstick holders, which are cool, two mini paper lanterns and two of those placemats they always have at Chinese restaurants that have the Chinese Zodiac stuff on them. I also bought the "Executive Desk Gong" kit, which is just a mini gong, and a little book about gongs. So anyway, I used to gong and the paper Landers to further decorate my dresser. I really need to find another place to put my "Yellow Submarine" lava lamp, as it does not fit the rest of the design scheme.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo lately. I'm thinking about it. I'd have to hide it from my parents though. I'm 23, so I wouldn't HAVE to, but I'd want to, because they'd freak out. I want to get some Chinese symbol on my upper arm. Probably the symbol for courage, or honor. The honor symbol looks kind weird though. It looks like a little stick figure samurai to me. It's supposed to look like a basket of cowrie shells, because in ancient China they were used for money, and supposedly someone who paid all his debts and gave money to the poor was honorable.

I'm gonna take a picture, and see if I can't get it up on the page here. A picture of my little Asian shrine. Wait, I can't I forgot, my stupid digital camera saves its files to a disk instead of some USB memory card, and my iMac doesn't have a floppy drive, so getting the pic to this computer would be a long complicated process. First I have to take the picture, then I have to boot up my old laptop PC, which takes about 15 minutes to get fully started up, then I have to use its disk drive, and then get online and email the picture to myself. Then I have to sign back onto the internet with my iMac and download the picture. I'll do all that later. I'm going to have to wait a while for my camera's battery to charge anyway. This is a really cool camera, it cost over $700 when my parents got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. It takes still pictures and even videos up to a minute long, and it's a Sony. So it's really good, the only problem is that it saves to a disk. Which was actually a good thing, because when I got it, the computer I had just had a disk drive, and no USB capabilities. But now the computer I have now has USB but no disk drive.

It's always something.

Anyway, I gotta go to work later. I'm actually in a good mood about it, because I was off yesterday, and then I'm off tomorrow, and it's a pretty short night tonight, and it probably won't be that busy either. It's hard to tell, it will either be really slow because most people have already gone to their relative's houses and stuff, or it will be really busy, because of people still driving to wherever they are going. It will probably be slow though, I think it was last year. I like Thanksgiving, though I'm not going to be able to eat much this year. I'll just eat a few bites of each thing. My mom doesn't cook a huge meal, about the only difference between Thanksgiving dinner and a normal dinner is that there's turkey, giblet gravy (mmm, I love giblet gravy) and dressing. Everything else is the same kind of stuff she always cooks. Thanksgiving is pretty boring for me, there's no family. For the last several years thanksgiving is just me, my parents and my sister. We used to go over to my grandparents on my dad's side's house, where a lot of my dad's side of the family would get together. We never had thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family, I've never even met most of them. And both my grandparent's on that side were dead long ago. But now my grandparents on my dad's side are dead too, and most of the rest of the family doesn't get along together well, so we haven't gotten together in several years now. Probably 7 or 8 years.

Wow, this is the longest post I've made in a long time.

Dammit, on the 13th I ordered some Dragonball Z DVDs. After a couple of days it said they were backordered, even though when I ordered them they were all in stock. Now like two weeks later, they're still backordered, so I sent them an e-mail asking how much longer it would take. A couple of days later, yesterday, I receive a response saying that all four of the DVDs I ordered are discontinued and no longer for sale, even though I've already been charged for them, and waiting for them for two weeks. They say I can either choose four different DVDs of equal price, or ask for a refund. I asked for the refund, but they still haven't done it yet, it will probably take a couple of days, like it did for them to respond to my e-mail the first time. Then today I get my credit card bill and it has that charge on there. So now I'm going to have to wait for the website to refund my money, and then call the credit card company and make sure the charge was taken off. I hope it doesn't take a long time for them to do it.

Just now as I was typing that last sentence, I got an email. One of those "Nigerian" scams. Those famous ones where the people claim they are the wife of the former ruler of Nigeria, or something like that, and they want to deposit a few million dollars in your back account if you will just give them access to your bank account. The subject line of this one was "Please help us, for Allah's sake."

Well, I'm gonna go workout now or something.