Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

I went to the doctor today for my one-month-of-Zoloft checkup. The Zoloft hasn't been doing anything, it hasn't since the first week. It worked really well for a few days, but now it's not doing anything. It's keeping me in a fairly good mood, but it's doing nothing for my social anxiety. Most of the side-effects have gone away too, but not all of them. For example, I'm still hot all the time. The last two nights at work were really bad, I was sweating like mad. I don't think I even sweat that much back when I used to mow lawns in the summer for money. Last night at work I was having to carry towels and stuff around to wipe my face with constantly. Anyway, I told the doctor all this, and instead of upping my dosage to see if that worked, he decided to have me try some other medication for a while. It's something new that just came out. I forget what it's called, and I don't have the bottle handy. It started with an "L," Lacoprex or something along those lines. The doctor doesn't know if it will work better than Zoloft or not. On the good side, it was free. He gave me six weeks worth of free samples. I start taking it tomorrow. I hope it works. This stuff says it works by increasing the amount of serotonin my brain produces, and that is has less and milder side effects than other antidepressants.

I bought a new bonsai tree today, I hope this one lives longer than the last one. The last one died after about a year and a half. This one is cool, it's pretty big, a lot bigger than the last one, but it cost even less. I really like this one, it's a Norfolk Pine. The last one was a Ficus, I didn't really like it, I just got it because it was the cheapest.

STOP TOUCHING MY ASS!

I cleaned my room today, now it's all cleanified. Hooray for words that end in "-fied." All the dust just got stirred up though, and now everything's dusty again already. This house has always been really bad about dust for some reason. You can dust something, and fifteen minutes later there will be a layer of dust on it. That's probably why I've always bad allergies too.

I'm tired. I'm gonna exercise and then go to bed. I've actually been exercising (a little) lately. My interest in Martial Arts has also come back. I swear, if I can ever lose some weight I WILL finally join a Karate class like I've been wanting to for years.