Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Monday, November 24, 2003

I haven't written in a few days. There hasn't been much to talk about.

Alicia loved her present. She thought it was the greatest thing ever. It was a CD by Bush, her favorite band, and the only CD by them she didn't have yet, because she couldn't find it. I ordered it from amazon.com for her.

I've finally lost some more weight today! I've been stuck at 269 for the last four or five days. Today I'm down two more pounds. And that's after eating bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns yesterday. Not much, just a few bites of each. I'm changing my eating habits though. Like Chris told me, I'm doing more harm than good to myself the way I'm eating. I've been living off of almost nothing but soup the last two weeks. Soup, noodle cups, and the occasional apple. Meaning I've been getting almost no protein lately, which is really bad. Also, I've had almost no dairy since I started the diet, but I've been taking vitamins to make up for the lack of calcium. I've probably also been eating too few calories, I cut them down way too much. So now I'm going to start eating a little better. I'm going to eat more normally, normal food, just really small portions of it. Also, I've been eating way too close to bedtime, which is really bad for you, you don't burn off any of the calories because you're asleep. I haven't been doing it on purpose, it's just that I've been doing it for years because that's the only time I get to eat on nights I work. I normally eat dinner when I get home from work, which most nights means 10:30 or 11:30, and then I go to bed an hour or two later. Well, now I'm going to stop that. I'm going to start doing what I used to do years ago when I first started working the night shift. I'm going to go home and eat a really quick dinner while I'm on break, since I only live about 4 minutes away. That's what I did yesterday. I ate more normally, got a lot of protein, and ate dinner at 6:00, and now today I'm down two pounds after having been stuck on the same weight for days.

Last night I had a really rude customer come through drive through. He wanted a kid's meal, but he didn't want the drink. The drink is included in the price of the kid's meal, there's no way we can take it off. If they don't want the drink they don't have to get it, but they still have to pay for it. Most of the customers don't have much of a problem with it, they either say ok, or go ahead and get the drink anyway. This guy last night got mad though. He complained about it, but told me to just go ahead and give him an orange drink with it. Then when he pulled around to the window he said "I want to speak to your manager RIGHT NOW." So I went and got Curtis, who had heard the guy arguing when he ordered and had called him an idiot already. Curtis went over to the guy who apparently didn't believe me, because he asked Curtis, "I have to get a drink with my kid's meal?" And Curtis told him the same thing I told him, no, you don't have to get the drink, but you still have to pay for it if you don't. The guy argued with Curtis for a minute, but finally agreed to just pay for it and get an orange drink with it, like he told me. Then when I went back over there to take his money he threw it at me. Then when I handed him his drink he poured it out on the ground, and as I walked away he pulled the window open and threw the empty cup at me. Curtis flipped him off as he drove away. It doesn't bother me, in fact, I like it when the customers get angry, I think it's funny and it makes me happy. It was also fun because the whole time all this was going on I purposely put on my most annoying smirk to annoy him further.

Well, almost time for bed.