Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Wow, 9:30 already. What a wasted day. I felt so bad I didn't feel like doing anything. I wanted to get out of the house today. I also wanted to play Grand Theft Auto. I felt so bad I didn't do either today. I've just sat here at the computer feeling miserable all day. I'm finally starting to feel better now though, now that the day's almost over. I'm still stuffy, but at least my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode anymore. And my throat doesn't hurt at all now, it's just a little scratchy sometimes.

The phone company fixed our little problem today. It was the house next door that had the line. No one knows how it got there though.

Mmmm, Fig Newtons. Too bad I'm so congested I can't really taste them.

Here's some links I've found today:

Freaky State Sex Laws Some of the weird rules places have passed concerning sex. For example: When traveling, if you decide to stop overnight in Hastings, Nebraska, be aware of this loony sex law: The owner of every hotel is required to provide each guest with a clean and pressed nightshirt. No male and female--even if they are married--may sleep together in the nude. Nor may any sexual activity be undertaken except while the couple is attired in one of these plain white cotton nightshirts.

Also, when you get done reading the freaky sex laws, scroll down to the bottom of the page to see all the links to other "Freaky Facts" pages. They are even better than the freaky laws. For example: 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.

The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan, there was never a recorded Wendy before.

Celery has negative calories. It take mores calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.

In Gulliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift described the two moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos, giving their exact size and speeds of rotation. He did this more than 100 years before either moon was discovered.

Age of Consent How old is old enough? This site gives the legal age of consent for every state and country. Also has information on other sex laws you should know.

Well, I'm gonna go be bored some more.