Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, October 24, 2003

This weather we've been having lately makes me angry. It's the end of October and the average temperature is still in the 80s. The last few days it's been in the 90s. It's been dry too, there's hardly been any rain this month, they were saying on the news yesterday that this October has had records highs, and has almost set new records for such a low amount of rain. I hate it. I like the cold, and I like the rain. Luckily, this is supposed to be the last warm day for about a week. There's a front coming through late tonight, and the next week or so the temperatures are supposed to be in the 50s and 60s, and there's a chance of rain a couple of the days. I don't know if it's supposed to warm back up afterwards, or if maybe now it's gonna finally start being cold weather for the rest of the year.

Other good news: Tomorrow is "fall back," when we set the clocks back an hour, and get and extra hour of sleep, or, as is more often the case with me, an extra hour of staying up late. I like fall back, I hate spring forward.

Stupid news: Our town is celebrating Halloween on Thursday the 30th, instead of actual Halloween, meaning all the trick or treating and stuff is to be done the 30th. They've done this a couple of times before, I think it's really stupid. This year they are doing it because the big Purcell vs. Lexington rivalry football game is on the 31st this year. I already requested the 31st off, but it doesn't matter to me, because I don't have any Halloween plans, and I certainly wasn't going trick or treating. I just requested it off because I didn't want to work that night because I like watching all the Halloween TV specials, and because it's going to be really busy that night. This is good news for the people that do have to work that night, because maybe now it won't be quite as outrageously busy. We figured it would be busy because of people out going to the game, and because it's Friday, and it's always busy Fridays because of a stupid burger sale we have on Fridays, and also because it's always busy on Halloween when all the kids and people are out. This means it will probably be busy Thursday night though, but I might get lucky and not have to work that night either, since I'm usually off on Thursdays.

Wow, this is the longest post I've written in a long time. Also, my hit counter looks like it will hit the 4000 mark today. That's pretty good, 4000 hits in only a year and one month. Especially when you consider how long it took me to hit the 1000 mark.

I'm listening to the Dirty Vegas CD. I love this "Days Go By" song, even though it's a slightly different mix from the one they played on the radio and TV. It's much longer, over 7 minutes long. The rest of the album is pretty cool too. It really brings back memories, it sounds like electronic music used to sound, back in the early 90s. In fact, it sounds a lot like Daft Punk's first album, which was the first electronic/techno/dance album I ever bought.

You are still a whisper on my lips
A feeling at my fingertips
That's pulling at my skin

You leave me when I'm at my worst
Like a feeling as if I've been cursed
From the bitter cold within

Days go by and still I think of you
Days when I couldn't live my life without you
Without you