Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, September 12, 2003

Ouch, I just took a big chunk out of the heel of my foot. I was walking past the entertainment stand thing my TV is on, and the glass door on the front was open, and as I passed it, when I brought my foot up I hit it right on the sharp corner of the glass. Took a pretty good chunk of flesh off. What's weird is there's not been a drop of blood. It didn't even get red, like blood coming to the surface or anything. The wound is just the same pale white as the rest of my heel. I guess you can chalk it up to poor blood-flow, I have a problem with that. Sometimes my hands and feet will get so cold they're almost numb, even if it's hot in the house. I also have really high blood pressure. I actually had to miss school a couple of times because my blood pressure was really high that day, and I had one of those horrible high blood pressure headaches, where it feels like your head is going to explode. Then once during a health class I had to take in College we were learning about blood pressure, and they took all our blood pressures, and when they saw mine they tried to call the hospital, because with what my blood pressure was reading, I should've been dead. I finally convinced them that that was normal for me though. I also have a high pulse rate, your pulse is supposed to be about 75, mine's usually about 110. I don't know if my blood pressure is really quite that high though. That's just what it always says on these home blood pressure machines, and unprofessional things like that, but usually when I go to the doctor they say my blood pressure is just fine. So who knows. I haven't had one of those headaches in years, so maybe my blood pressure has gotten better.

That sucks! My sister just came in and told me that Johnny Cash died last night! I'm not a big country music fan, but Johnny Cash had some cool songs. I especially like that one that came out recently, that was up for several MTV Music Awards, Hurt. I can't believe I hadn't heard that he'd died. America Online news keeps talking about John Ritter dying unexpectedly last night, but I hadn't seen anything about Johnny Cash. His wife just died a few months ago, at least they didn't have to be apart long, if you're the kind of person who believes in an afterlife of some sort. I like to believe there's life after death, but I'm not getting my hopes up. In all likelihood, when you die, you're gone. What's kinda weird, is I was listening to a Johnny Cash song when I found out he died. I was listening to Hurt and my sister heard it, and came in and said "You know he died don't you?" A similar thing happened with Kurt Cobain. Years ago I ordered the Nevermind album from Columbia House, and on the day it arrived, Kurt Cobain shot himself. I think I was listening to it when I found out.

Hey, the foot wound is finally starting to get a little red tinged.