Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Monday, August 04, 2003

You hear these reports on TV sometimes talking about "The average American eats this much_____ a year." I want to know where they get their statistics, everyone of those reports I've ever heard sounds like a lie to me. I don't know anyone that eats that much of anything. For example, a couple of days ago I heard that the average american eats 48 pints of ice cream a year. I don't know about anyone else, maybe it's just my family, but my family, a family of four, probably barely eats 48 pints a year, all of us combined. Then they just said that the average American eats 58 quarts of popcorn a year. Not me, not my family. I admit we eat much less popcorn than most people, but that still sounds like a lot. That's more than a quart a week. I haven't had popcorn in months. Most people eat popcorn at the movies though. I hardly ever go to the movies. I only go to the movies maybe five times a year, at the most, and I never get popcorn.

Well, it doesn't look like I'm gonna get the prison job. I went for an interview at Joseph Harp on Friday, and they said they'd call me today, to let me know whether they're gonna hire me or not. Today I also went in for an interview at L.A.R.C., the Lexington Assessment and Relocation Center, and they also said they'd call me tonight, and let me know. Joseph Harp called, and said they aren't going to hire me. Of the two places it was the one I would have rather worked at. LARC never called at all, maybe they'll call tomorrow. I don't know. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck working at Carl's and living with my parents for a while longer. I don't know what to do now, I don't know what job to try for next. I don't know why I can never get a job anywhere.

So, since I couldn't leave the house today, because I was waiting on the phone calls, I played Knights of the Old Republic for another 6 hours. I actually wanted to leave the house today, but couldn't.

I'm probably gonna go to the doctor early tomorrow morning. One of my big toes is infected pretty bad. They've both been doing that a lot the last six months or so. I think both the toenails are ingrown. So the doctor's gonna have to cut them out or something. He'll probably give me anti-biotics or something first, and wait until the infection goes away before he cuts into it. Which is good, because I'm supposed to work tomorrow and the next day, and if he did cut my toenails out, I wouldn't be able to work for a few days.

Well, I'm gonna go now. It's time for my midnight jack-off. Not really. But that is a pretty good idea.


"As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don't know how
lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can
be made unbreakable." --The Wizard of Oz