Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Well, I didn't get to go to the doctor today. They said they were all booked up for the day. But I have an appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM, which means I'm going to have to get up at like 7:30. Fuck, that's early, and then I have to work a nine and a half hour shift at work.

It's too damn hot in here. Even with the AC running all day it's still 80 degrees in the house, at 9:00 PM.

I just got done playing Knights of the Old Republic for about 7 hours. I love that game.

Cool, a show is coming on on the Discovery Channel all about what the Earth would be like if it had no moon. And it's narrated by Patrick Stewart from Star Trek. Hmm, they claim that if there was no moon, life would never have evolved.

Here are some more cool links I've found the last few days:

Shakespearean Insulter Do I really need to explain this one?

Programming Language Inventor, or Serial Killer? A little flash animation quiz that shows you pictures of people, and you have to decide if they are programmers, or serial killers.

Charles Manson Tamagotchi Remember those Tamagotchi digital-pet things? I used to have a couple of those. This tamagotchi allows you to own and care for Charles Manson.

The Radioactive Boy Scout A true story from Harper's Magazine about a boy scout who made a nuclear reactor out of aluminum foil and duct tape in the shed behind his house.

Honda's New Accord This is that incredibly cool Honda commerical, I think it originally showed during the super bowl, where all the car parts form this huge, insanely complicated Rube Goldberg contraption? I only saw it once, but it's the coolest commercial ever made. A very long download, but well worth it.

Paul Really is Dead Back in the 60s when the Beatles' album Abbey Road came out, people claime dthat the cover image contained symbols that meant that Paul McCartney was dead, many people actually believed this. Here are some people who still believe it. They say that Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike, who, to this day, is still pretending to be Paul McCartney. They offer forensic evidence to back up their claims, and, I hate to say it, but some of their arguments actually raise some good points.

Brother Ceto and the Big Lie A true sign of the end times. One of the most disturbing books ever written. A children's book that is supposed to introduce very young children to the joys of being abducted by aliens. Yes, I'm serious, this is a real book.

Crop Circles in Late July 2003 Shows pictures of recent crop circles from around the world.

Program Details for Experiments in the Revival of Organisms This disturbing film records the successful experiments in the resuscitation of life to dead animals (dogs), as conducted by Dr. S.S. Bryukhonenko at the Institute of Experimental Physiology and Therapy, Voronezh, U.S.S.R. Director: D.I. Yashin. Camera: E.V. Kashina. Narrator: Professor Walter B. Cannon. Introduced by Professor J.B.S. Haldane.

Web of Pain And now, the scariest link of all. My old site! This site was created back in 1998/99, when I was 18, and going through my goth/suicidal/manic-depressive stage, and hasn't been updated in about 4 years. Unfortunately most of the links and graphics don't work anymore. I really must go back and fix it some time, as it was a pretty cool site, especially the graphics, most of which were made by me. The Johnny the Homicidal Maniac/Johnen Vasquez fan site was especially cool, and, at that time, was one of the biggest and best of the relatively few JTHM fan sites. Unfortunately, this area of the site has suffered the biggest casualties, and hardly any of it works. Still, you should check out this area if you are a fan Johnen Vasquez (the guy who went on to make Invader Zim). At the very least you should go to this site and check out my story "The World Collapsed Early Sunday Morning." Which is probably the best thing I've ever written. And, if I remember correctly, was one of the last things I was ever able to write. Looking back at this old site reminds me of the way my writing and verbal skills used to be, before they stagnated.

It took me almost two hours to write this post.


"Beware when you exorcise your demons, lest you exorcise the best part of yourself" -- Nietzsche